GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Detroit Free Press
August 3, 2022

GM is currently reporting sales on a quarterly basis. A tidbit in a DFP article gives us an indication for how July went. Note: Toyota sold 177,341 vehicles in the United States in July.
"Toyota remained the bestselling brand, but its lead over Ford shrank considerably this month," Amorim added. "Toyota was ahead of Ford by 2,400 units, down from the 8,000-unit lead in June. When it comes to models, the F-150 and RAV4 continue to fight fiercely for the sales crown, and this month the F-150 was ahead by 600 units."

Though General Motors Co. does not report sales on a monthly basis, LMC reported that the Detroit automaker was outsold by Toyota Motor Corp. last month for the first time since January.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Quarterly Reporting, Wall Street Values, 3 months of Unknown.

The biggest part of that read was Ford's gain on Toyota, however, it isn't always good to be "King"

I would like to see "Days Supply" and "Inventory Numbers" before pronouncing any Victories though.

I do know that "We" (Ford Store) are short on Trucks, our "Sister Dealerships" (GM) are short on SUV's. "We" are struggling with Transportation and have More Sold Units locked in transit, than our GM Sisters, (different Auto Carriers) but overall, the last 2 months neither have had any "Days Supply" but the Ford Store is weathering it better than the GM Stores.

·
Premium Member
11,917 Posts
Quarterly Reporting, Wall Street Values, 3 months of Unknown.

The biggest part of that read was Ford's gain on Toyota, however, it isn't always good to be "King"

I would like to see "Days Supply" and "Inventory Numbers" before pronouncing any Victories though.

I do know that "We" (Ford Store) are short on Trucks, our "Sister Dealerships" (GM) are short on SUV's. "We" are struggling with Transportation and have More Sold Units locked in transit, than our GM Sisters, (different Auto Carriers) but overall, the last 2 months neither have had any "Days Supply" but the Ford Store is weathering it better than the GM Stores.
Farley was saying that Maverick has no time on dealer floor, they’re all pretty much customer deliveries that get off loaded and customer collects in about two days…

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Farley was saying that Maverick has no time on dealer floor, they’re all pretty much customer deliveries that get off loaded and customer collects in about two days…
When is Ford going to get up-to-speed with Ranger deliveries in Australia JDP?

Aussie buyers are having to wait well into next year for UTE's that they ordered months ago, the Ranger is Aussie Fords bread & butter without it Ford Aussie sales tank, that might end up another brand departure down under.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts