GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap a few pix of an Equinox flanked by the two vehicles it is replacing, the Blazer & Tracker. I was impressed with the muscular lines & stance of the 'Nox. You really gain an appreciation for the size of it when you see it next to the old guard.

Anyhow, I figured some of you might get a kick out of that. This 'Nox LT had almost $800 in radio upgrades, between XM, MP3, and the premium 7 speaker system!

·
Registered
409 Posts
They are pretty sweet eh? my dad has had one for a couple months now.. and its really nice to drive and just look at.. definitally kicks the crap outta the tracker and most other small suvs

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
why is the upcoming SAAB 9-7X based on the GMT-360 and not the Equinox? that is the perfect SUV for a typical SAAB customer. carlike ride and handling, modern styling, much more appropriate a vehicle for the 9-7X than the Envoy will be. why did they not think through this better? please, GM, give SAAB the 9-7Nox!!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I want an Equinow right now

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I loved it before. I love it more now. Drop the Vue's 250hp engine in there and you won't be able to keep me from buying one.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by Hunter@Mar 24 2004, 07:06 PM
Seriously? The Equinox's engine is not listed in the engine guide.
Yeah, the engine guide was made before the the Equinox engine information was out....

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
It wouldn't bother me that it is made in China if they were producing the 3.5L newer version of the engine, and not the aged 3.4L.

Great comparison photos, though. Unfortunately the Blazer will stil be made up until MY 2007 or so, last I read... :( Kinda sad since it looks so outdated beside the Nox.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
It would be nice if the old "paid-for" designs (Blazer, Astro, Sunfire) had INSANE price drops in their final years. Since the technology and machining is essentially paid for, it owuld be nice of there were $5000 or higher pricedrops.

They might be inferior to all their new competition, but a lot of people shop br price alone.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by SUPERBADD75@Mar 24 2004, 10:42 PM
why is the upcoming SAAB 9-7X based on the GMT-360 and not the Equinox? that is the perfect SUV for a typical SAAB customer. carlike ride and handling, modern styling, much more appropriate a vehicle for the 9-7X than the Envoy will be. why did they not think through this better? please, GM, give SAAB the 9-7Nox!!!
this is the best idea i've heard in a long time! would a saab 9-7x based on the equinox ever make a great vehicle! the styling is already rather slick as it is... wouldn't be too hard to swedishify that! dingdingding... someone get this guy his prize!

though i suppose a smaller saab 9-6x SUV would also work!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Mar 25 2004, 03:15 PM
It wouldn't bother me that it is made in China if they were producing the 3.5L newer version of the engine, and not the aged 3.4L.

We can wait for the Equinox SS/Pontiac (unknown) GT in 2006 with the 3.9 DOD/6-speed automatic. I suspect both of those will be made in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by MelvinJ+Mar 25 2004, 03:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MelvinJ @ Mar 25 2004, 03:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ming@Mar 25 2004, 03:15 PM

We can wait for the Equinox SS/Pontiac (unknown) GT in 2006 with the 3.9 DOD/6-speed automatic. I suspect both of those will be made in the U.S. [/b][/quote]
Looks like the '88 S-10 Blazer (been a family member since 1990!) will have to ride it out a bit longer till its next of kin has an engine built on the continent. I'm more worried about quality control in a new factory. Also, I am a bit of a buy American guy, and my American Revolution is not going to be powered from China <_< Then again, it is my father's truck...

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle@Mar 25 2004, 04:59 PM
Wow-- the Tracker and Blazer look so unhappy.... I guess I would too if I was getting replaced.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

So true!

I think someone needs a 2003-4 "sad eyes" Cavalier shot beside the new Cobalt when it comes out. :p

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002@Mar 25 2004, 05:04 PM

Looks like the '88 S-10 Blazer (been a family member since 1990!) will have to ride it out a bit longer till its next of kin has an engine built on the continent. I'm more worried about quality control in a new factory. Also, I am a bit of a buy American guy, and my American Revolution is not going to be powered from China <_< Then again, it is my father's truck...
The Malibu Maxx has the 3.5L, and probably rides smoother, too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts