GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mom's Equniox recently was totaled and she is looking to replace it. Looking through the dealer inventory I found it strange there were none equipped with Leather. Turns out you cant get leather as an option on the Equinox.

She is a bit worried about being able to keep the seats clean and getting any potential dirt out of them.

Anyone with this type of interior on any Chevy have some feedback in regards to getting stains or such out of them (or it resisted stains)?

· Registered
1,877 Posts
My Mom's Equniox recently was totaled and she is looking to replace it. Looking through the dealer inventory I found it strange there were none equipped with Leather. Turns out you cant get leather as an option on the Equinox.

She is a bit worried about being able to keep the seats clean and getting any potential dirt out of them.

Anyone with this type of interior on any Chevy have some feedback in regards to getting stains or such out of them (or it resisted stains)?
Sure you can, on the Premier.

· Super Moderator
22,746 Posts
Since 2008 all of my GM's have had leather, but previous to that I owned several cars with the fabric seats - I never had an issue with them regarding stains, etc.. I'd say if she spills anything on them just get carpet cleaner on the spill as fast as you can.

Wouldn't surprise me if the cloth is more durable than the leather.

· Registered
1,407 Posts

Premier has it and RS should offer it. I just love the 1.5T in the Terrain Denali with leather. They are a nice vehicle with decent fuel economy. AWD in the Denali gets you about 30 MPG at 75 on the highway.

Only difference with the Equinox is the 6 speed automatic vs. the 9 speed in Terrain. Really well executed and decent performance. Plus they have decent space for there foot print.

Let us know what they end up with. Hope everyone is ok as a totaled car can mean an accident.

· Registered
What's new and upcoming...
15,786 Posts
Since 2008 all of my GM's have had leather, but previous to that I owned several cars with the fabric seats - I never had an issue with them regarding stains, etc.. I'd say if she spills anything on them just get carpet cleaner on the spill as fast as you can.

Wouldn't surprise me if the cloth is more durable than the leather.
The new Equinox of mine has cloth and I'm one that cant resist eating on the go but mainly just finger foods. I haven't had an issue yet with staining from an occasional oops down in the lap...

· Super Moderator
22,746 Posts
The new Equinox of mine has cloth and I'm one that cant resist eating on the go but mainly just finger foods. I haven't had an issue yet with staining from an occasional oops down in the lap...
I suspect the auto makes put a lot of thought into the cloth seats and their absorbability of spills. And my guess is "cloth" isn't the right word, my guess is they are 100% plastic based.

· Registered
1,407 Posts
I suspect the auto makes put a lot of thought into the cloth seats and their absorbability of spills. And my guess is "cloth" isn't the right word, my guess is they are 100% plastic based.
There is certainly some plastic in them.

Reactions: BlackGTP
1 - 9 of 9 Posts