GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar on how to synchronize a replacement encoder motor to the transfer case, without the access of a Tech2? I need to replace the encoder motor on my 2003 burb.:(

Someone proffered that after installing a new encoder motor, to just drive the vehicle around so that the ECM can self sink the encoder. Has anyone tried this or some other method?

Thanks.

·
Banned
158 Posts
im assuming since its a suburban that you have autotrac,there isnt anything needing to be reset after encoder replacement tho you probably only need an encoder sensor.why are you replacing it,code c0327?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im assuming since its a suburban that you have autotrac,there isnt anything needing to be reset after encoder replacement tho you probably only need an encoder sensor.why are you replacing it,code c0327?
Yes re. the code.
Not familiar with the Suburban having autotrac, though it does have the auto 4wd button on the dash along with the 2WD, 4Hi and 4Lo buttons; would this qualify? How could I identify it, if it is equipped with autotrac? (Recently bought the Suburban 2nd hand at an auction)

There are two speed sensors on the transfer case toward the rear drive shaft, which are supposed to be functioning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts