GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Announced today for the end of month--

Any GM Active Employee has 1 GMS Employee Number to hand out to anyone. So basically, anyone can get GMS Employee Discount for the next week.
Also, on top of that, Dealers can now sell any remaining 08 in inventory BELOW GM Employee price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I am confused. Are you saying that I have to have that employee number to get a deal below employee price, or I still need to go work the best deal I can and they can go below employee if they wish? I got some prices this week on a new silverado via internet, but they still seem to be playing hardball. Thank you.

BTW..I'm not beyond begging, if anyone has an employee number for me email [email protected]
I am ready to buy!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have been selling GM cars and Trucks for over 22 years and this is the last straw. How does encouraging GM dealers to compete against other GM dealers and sell cars for next to no profit sell more cars? Every person who touched this marketing program should loose their job. As Jed Clampet used to say: "Pitiful, just Pitiful".

·
Registered
245 Posts
Every person who touched this marketing program should loose their job. As Jed Clampet used to say: "Pitiful, just Pitiful".

The woman I live with is in charge of the GM Offers for the East Coast. GM*R Works; check it out.

Ohh, and by the way, this is on the 08' models, of which there is an awesome surplus sitting on lots. Have you heard of the 200+ day supply GM has for a lot of its models? Yeah, umm, this gets those vehicles off the lots and gets money into the hands of dealerships/GM so they can cut their losses before the 08' become unwanted even more! If you are so "in-touch" with your dealership side, money in hand is better then a vehicle sitting on the lot another day. Also, I don't think dealerships are going to be so outrageously below cost anyways.... Yeah, about that...

Save us the trouble and just not post the next time you have something to say...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OutBurst, come on! WTF? You have no clue. Really, you dont.

Pontiacjs is 100% on. The "Below GM Employee pricing" creates a BS marketing scheme. GM is not helping dealers get rid of GM product, they are basically telling dealers to go ahead and dip into your own pockets, cut your profits, and good luck. This is not fair to dealers, and it is not fair to customers who now have to "negotiate" like they did 10 years ago. Negotiating was eliminated by establishing a set GM Price for employees. Now, they have to call 10 different dealers to get the "best price", it is unfair and diffulcult for customers who simply want to buy.

I dont think the employee price, the set price, is as important around the US as it is here in MI, but frankly, I really dont care.

To answer another post, the GM Price to everyone is simply obtained by contacting a GM employee, or most salesman should know one. On a Silverado, I'm sure the dealer will go even below GMS, again, now you have to call 10 different dealers to find out how far below thanks to GM dropping their friggin pants. Anyway, soon enough, supposed to be today, on gmfamilyfirst.com there will be a link "GM Family pricing for Friends". All they will need is your birthday and zip code.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
OutBurst, come on! WTF? You have no clue. Really, you dont.

Pontiacjs is 100% on. The "Below GM Employee pricing" creates a BS marketing scheme. GM is not helping dealers get rid of GM product, they are basically telling dealers to go ahead and dip into your own pockets, cut your profits, and good luck. This is not fair to dealers, and it is not fair to customers who now have to "negotiate" like they did 10 years ago. Negotiating was eliminated by establishing a set GM Price for employees. Now, they have to call 10 different dealers to get the "best price", it is unfair and diffulcult for customers who simply want to buy.

I dont think the employee price, the set price, is as important around the US as it is here in MI, but frankly, I really dont care.

To answer another post, the GM Price to everyone is simply obtained by contacting a GM employee, or most salesman should know one. On a Silverado, I'm sure the dealer will go even below GMS, again, now you have to call 10 different dealers to find out how far below thanks to GM dropping their friggin pants. Anyway, soon enough, supposed to be today, on gmfamilyfirst.com there will be a link "GM Family pricing for Friends". All they will need is your birthday and zip code.
the General's latest idiocy...til month end, each GM employee (active) can give an employee discount to anyone, dealers receive a $250 certificate for each 5 units in stock that can be stacked 3 on a lease and 6 on a buy, and dealers are allowed to sell to eligible GM family members BELOW GMS. more confusion as well as competitive disadvantage to small stores and to those without access to employees who are willing to help with pricing.

THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!

first store to cave starts a price war in which no one makes any profit. people I know are up in arms over how absolutely stupid the marketing is at GM. customers are conditioned to wait til end of month. first few weeks are dead and then away we go. there needs to be a revolt against the company. how bad does it need to get before something is done?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Pontiacjs is 100% on. The "Below GM Employee pricing" creates a BS marketing scheme. GM is not helping dealers get rid of GM product, they are basically telling dealers to go ahead and dip into your own pockets, cut your profits, and good luck. This is not fair to dealers, and it is not fair to customers who now have to "negotiate" like they did 10 years ago. Negotiating was eliminated by establishing a set GM Price for employees.

To answer another post, the GM Price to everyone is simply obtained by contacting a GM employee. Soon enough, supposed to be today, on gmfamilyfirst.com there will be a link "GM Family pricing for Friends". All they will need is your birthday and zip code.
It's not meant to be fair. It's meant to help move metal. And no intelligent customers will think that saving more money is unfair or difficult. It's a selling tool: use it!

tirediron said:
Now, they have to call 10 different dealers to get the "best price", it is unfair and diffulcult for customers who simply want to buy.
pontiacjs said:
I have been selling GM cars and Trucks for over 22 years and this is the last straw.
Guys, you don't have to be car salesmen.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like Buickman said in his Plan, every Exec. should spend a day in a dealership, I'm beginning to think the general buying public should too. We're not trying to rip people off, not trying to scam, just tying to make a living.

Thats just like saying- "you dont have to..." deliver mail, mine coal, work at Walmart. We do what we have to get by.

It is a tool that is half-ass. GM is not helping "push Metal", they have totally let the dealers down.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Thank you!
it's in no way a selling tool. it's flat out stupidity and simply another method of screwing the dealers, just as Value Pricing was only a way to cut dealer margin. GM management is horrible, they alienate dealers, tick off employees, drive loyal retirees to abandon any faith in the company, decimate shareholer value, confuse customers, starve salespeople, bankrupt suppliers, and talk sideways most of the time and have zero credibility.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
So I am confused. Are you saying that I have to have that employee number to get a deal below employee price, or I still need to go work the best deal I can and they can go below employee if they wish? I got some prices this week on a new silverado via internet, but they still seem to be playing hardball. Thank you.

BTW..I'm not beyond begging, if anyone has an employee number for me email [email protected]
I am ready to buy!
I sent you an email.

·
Registered
461 Posts
gm employees have been able to give out friends in the driveway certificates for sometime now to friends, neighbors, or whoever they are standing next to in the salad bar line for some time now(supplier pricing), the only real difference in this program on the certificates is it is now available to be passed on to the gms employee,supplier,college grad etc. on most other certificate programs the gms employee were not able to use the certificates. like a previous poster stated each dealer will have a limited amount of certificates depending on which way the stars align, the only difference is these certificates dont have to be disclosed unlike ,factory rebates. this does not mean all dealers are going to be dropping their pants to sell a car, unless of course we need to. THIS IS NOT A GMS EMPLOYEE PRICING TO THE PUBLIC SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
It is a tool that is half-ass. GM is not helping "push Metal", they have totally let the dealers down.
it's in no way a selling tool. it's flat out stupidity and simply another method of screwing the dealers
This isn't political and it's certainly not a conspiracy. $250 coupons - that I've used for gross, by the way - won't kill a deal. Plus, I don't have a problem with a prospect taking advantage of GMS pricing: that's one more fresh up that might not have walked in the door.

I think your particular arguments stem from GM having too many franchisees.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
gm employees have been able to give out friends in the driveway certificates for sometime now to friends, neighbors, or whoever they are standing next to in the salad bar line for some time now(supplier pricing), the only real difference in this program on the certificates is it is now available to be passed on to the gms employee,supplier,college grad etc. on most other certificate programs the gms employee were not able to use the certificates. like a previous poster stated each dealer will have a limited amount of certificates depending on which way the stars align, the only difference is these certificates dont have to be disclosed unlike ,factory rebates. this does not mean all dealers are going to be dropping their pants to sell a car, unless of course we need to. THIS IS NOT A GMS EMPLOYEE PRICING TO THE PUBLIC SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!
no it's just more bs gimmickery from the fools at GM who have no clue about retailing automobiles. this is exactly why we continue to lose market share, jobs, benefits, shareholder value, and need to float billions in debt, see our ratings drop like anchors, and we sell everything not tied down. once again, I'll say until we change the marketing, the downward spiral will never end.

we're not sunk, but we're sinking fast.

we don't need a Volt, we need a Revolt!

·
Banned
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a GSU certificate but moving up to a GMS certificate would surely help me out. I was in my Corvette convertible and was rear ended by a drunk driver when I was sitting at a red light. I have been on disability since 3/10/08 and have my eye on a new 08 Corvette and will buy it as soon as I receive my insurance settlement. If anyone has an extra GMS certificate they are not using, it would sure help me out a great deal.

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks,

Kent Elliott

1 - 20 of 55 Posts