·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buick Velite Concept - Embargoed until April 1, 2004; 12:01 am EST

Chevrolet Cobalt SS - Embargoed until April 1, 2004; 12:01 am EST

Cadillac STS - Embargoed until April 4, 2004; 12:01 am EST

Saab 9-7X - Embargoed until April 7, 2004; 12:01 am EST

after these dates/times, we are free to post information and pictures regarding these new models/concepts

·
Registered
396 Posts
i always wondered about something: does someone at GM [or ford or whoever] contact the admins at sites like GMI and tell them to take down, or refrain from, posting spy-pics and stuff like that? or is just a nice thing you guys are doing for the sake of the good general?

BTW, how come the Cobalt SS [not SS supercharged] pics/info is embargoed? they showed one at the CAIS on display :huh:

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu@Mar 13 2004, 09:34 PM
i always wondered about something: does someone at GM [or ford or whoever] contact the admins at sites like GMI and tell them to take down, or refrain from, posting spy-pics and stuff like that? or is just a nice thing you guys are doing for the sake of the good general?

BTW, how come the Cobalt SS [not SS supercharged] pics/info is embargoed? they showed one at the CAIS on display  :huh:
We follow the rules....we follow embargoes...

The Cobalt SS (maybe sedan) is going to be unveil at NYC

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure about the Cobalt SS.
It could be a sedan, or it could just be a mistake. I'll know soon enough.

GM grants certain people (magazines, websites like this one) access to the photos. If we break the embargo then GM will no longer grant us access. We like to play by the rules.

If too many places break the embargos, then I'm assuming GM will stop early photos altogether. Which wouldn't be good for the whole industry.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by nsap+Mar 14 2004, 03:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nsap @ Mar 14 2004, 03:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mackingu@Mar 13 2004, 09:34 PM

BTW, how come the Cobalt SS [not SS supercharged] pics/info is embargoed? they showed one at the CAIS on display  :huh:
We follow the rules....we follow embargoes...

The Cobalt SS sedan is going to be unveil at NYC [/b][/quote]
so who tells everyone about the embargoes? i mean, would ford contact BON about an upcoming autoshow and tell them not to post pics/info about the new ford 500? is that how it works? sorry, i've always been curious

·
Registered
830 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@Mar 13 2004, 10:40 PM

The Cobalt SS sedan is going to be unveil at NYC
That info. was left out of Rex's post. If it looks as good as the SS coupe, it should be nice. I just saw the Cobalt SS today at the Twin Cities Auto Show and I though it looked really nice, much better than anything in it's class.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by mackingu@Mar 14 2004, 12:12 AM
so who tells everyone about the embargoes? i mean, would ford contact BON about an upcoming autoshow and tell them not to post pics/info about the new ford 500? is that how it works? sorry, i've always been curious
GM has a Media Site ( a site for members of the press (newspaper, magazines, tv, websites, etc...) all the latest GM news and information.
When official news is posted, it's posted there.
When upcoming stuff is unveiled, that site would indicate when info can be published.

I'm sure that Ford and Toyota and everyone else has similar Media sites.

·
Registered
396 Posts
hmm... i went to the site, and couldn't find anything. any links?

BTW, the media.gm.com site has most of the info also posted on the www.gm.com, but you just have to search through endless links to get them.

BTW, the ford site is http://media.ford.com and you can link to the PAG and mazda sites from there.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu@Mar 14 2004, 05:00 PM

BTW, the media.gm.com site has most of the info also posted on the www.gm.com, but you just have to search through endless links to get them.

BTW, the ford site is http://media.ford.com and you can link to the PAG and mazda sites from there.
The media stuff is passwork protected. You have to be a member of the media to get a password ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by nsap+Mar 14 2004, 11:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nsap @ Mar 14 2004, 11:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mackingu@Mar 14 2004, 05:00 PM

The media stuff is passwork protected. You have to be a member of the media to get a password ;) [/b][/quote]
the pictures were the only things i thought that were password protected. so you're saying that the embargo dates are also password protected? i mean, anyone can go to http://media.gm.com and browse around. after i check my email in the morning, that's where i go next.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu+Mar 14 2004, 05:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mackingu @ Mar 14 2004, 05:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 11:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mackingu
@Mar 14 2004, 05:00 PM

The media stuff is passwork protected. You have to be a member of the media to get a password ;)
the pictures were the only things i thought that were password protected. so you're saying that the embargo dates are also password protected? i mean, anyone can go to http://media.gm.com and browse around. after i check my email in the morning, that's where i go next. [/b][/quote]
The pictures are the main thing that is password protected, but there is more info that the public can't see...

There are no embargoed pics on there..even with a password ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
:( i guess i'm not as cool as i thought :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
so do you have access to these picutres, or does GM realease them too you the day of?
If so, how does the Velite look? 9-7x?
We have all seen the STS, thats no big deal is it? I mean, if you show the STS pics before april first, will GM have that big of a hissy fit since you can already see it on their website?
and if this is all going on april 1st, when does the NYC show open to the public? Sounds pretty early this year.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The whole reason for the embargo is not to really talk about anything until the dats of. Only 1 picture has been shown of the STS. The embargo document contains appriximately 15 pictures, including the rear view and interior.

The Velite is nice. Much nicer than the drawing GM sent out. More details will be unveiled in April.

Please don't ask questions, we can't answer them yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know you guys can't answer this, but I'll speculate on my own. I'm guessing the SS information is regarding the supercharged engine and the interior. That info or pictures were never unvieled at Detroit with the rest of the Cobalt line, so I'm assuming that's what it is. Any chance you can confirm that before the 1st?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The following info:

Chevrolet Cobalt SS - Embargoed until April 1, 2004; 12:01 am EST

has been removed from the embargo site.

So I'm assuming that it was placed there accidentally. As we have seen the Cobalt SS already.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts