GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
IMHO the cybertruck "ON PAPER" has very good specs for the DOLLAR and is priced "close" to normal pickup pricing where as the "other" EV trucks are twice the starting price and beyond MOST buyers
I see it doing "OK"

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
^ Except the Lightning is projected to be in the same starting ballpark price-wise... but there at least it'll be a usable truck.

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
^ Except the Lightning is projected to be in the same starting ballpark price-wise... but there at least it'll be a usable truck.
Blasphemy

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
If the Cyber truck proves successful, I'm going to see if my parents kept any of the drawings of cars (buses and trucks) that I drew in first grade. I'll be rich, baby!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not only the truck could flop, so could Tesla itself. Wait till all the competition comes in and see how well Tesla does remains to be a good question.

·
Registered
18,293 Posts
Speaking of Tesla Trucks, how are those Tesla Semi-Truck sales going?
Funny you say that but a report just came out that they're building 5 a week right now. There just isnt enough batteries to go around to get the production ramped up like they do. I've seen a few videos of people on the ground next to the truck taking off and it's very weird.

Not only the truck could flop, so could Tesla itself. Wait till all the competition comes in and see how well Tesla does remains to be a good question.
What competition?

·
Registered
18,293 Posts
If the world is going electric, there will be ;)plenty of "competition".
But at what cost? Tesla, even if the world catches up in 5 years, is going to have 20 plus years of straight battery technology, will own it's production from top to bottom AND has it's own dedicated charging network.

It's going to take a while for "competition" to compete.

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
Funny you say that but a report just came out that they're building 5 a week right now. There just isn't enough batteries to go around to get the production ramped up like they do. I've seen a few videos of people on the ground next to the truck taking off and it's very weird.

What competition?
So they've got a validated, production ready design, but we haven't saw it yet, because there isn't enough batteries?

If the world is going electric, there will be ;)plenty of "competition".
We've watched a myriad of automakers close much of the perceived gap in a rather short period of time.

But at what cost? Tesla, even if the world catches up in 5 years, is going to have 20 plus years of straight battery technology, will own it's production from top to bottom AND has it's own dedicated charging network.

Lots of optimism, I think you are over-estimating the value of the battery technology, but the charging network!?.....

Elon Musk says Tesla Supercharger network will be open to other cars this year

Reactions: Impala Dio

·
Registered
18,293 Posts
So they've got a validated, production ready design, but we haven't saw it yet, because there isn't enough batteries?
Where would you like to see it?

I mean, they're out there driving but just not in mass. Musk said that until the in house battery production fires up the roll out will be slow. They're waiting for the 4680s.

The semi is coming. In Dec 2017 when they announced it they said production would happen in 2021. Well, production is happening so I'm not sure what the big fuss is all about.

As for opening the chargers to other cars:
Musk did not specify where in the world Tesla would open its stations to other automakers’ electric vehicles this year, but previous reports suggested Norway, Germany and Sweden are candidates.

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
Driveways? But we've physically seen the Hummer EV and Lighting, right?

I mean, they're out there driving but just not in mass. Musk said that until the in house battery production fires up the roll out will be slow. They're waiting for the 4680s.
No-Rush, do they even have a plant to make it at?

The semi is coming. In Dec 2017 when they announced it they said production would happen in 2021. Well, production is happening so I'm not sure what the big fuss is all about.
"OKAY"

As for opening the chargers to other cars:
You've got an answer for everything!

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
6,051 Posts

I know Tesla loves to put their logo on every part they buy, but that doesn't make it "their" technology. Can't somebody else just buy the same Panasonic batteries? Which even now, are far from leading in battery technology.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,637 Posts

So What and BFD. All that stupid video shows is a Tesla tractor out on the highway pulling a trailer. For Hells sake videographer pan back and let us see what's on the sides of that trailer. Is it a corporate name or just a plain anonymous trailer being used for testing?

·
Registered
18,293 Posts
Driveways? But we've physically seen the Hummer EV and Lighting, right?

No-Rush, do they even have a plant to make it at?

"OKAY"

You've got an answer for everything!
Sorry, I don't have the patience to deal with this today.

I've given you answers and you're being an ******* with the responses. F off.

·
Registered
18,293 Posts
I know Tesla loves to put their logo on every part they buy, but that doesn't make it "their" technology. Can't somebody else just buy the same Panasonic batteries? Which even now, are far from leading in battery technology.
The 4680s are their technology. Panasonic is helping build the facility in which production is being built.

And no, I'd rather not deal with a bunch of jerks today. It's Friday, you other two guys would rather piss into the wind then read anything someone posted remotely positive. It's ok, I don't have the energy to deal with it.

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
The 4680s are their technology. Panasonic is helping build the facility in which production is being built.

And no, I'd rather not deal with a bunch of jerks today. It's Friday, you other two guys would rather piss into the wind then read anything someone posted remotely positive. It's ok, I don't have the energy to deal with it.
I've made it a lifetime goal to not piss in the wind, but one time I did inadvertently piss on an electric cow fence, I won't be playing that form of Russian Roulette again either.

I've read a lot of positive stories on Tesla, many are baseless, I've also read a lot of negative stories on Tesla, which I've found many contain legitimate questions, sorry I don't blindly accept anything I read in the internet.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
36 Posts
Going back to the subject of the Rendezvous, they were comfy, I wish my parents had owned one at some point.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts