GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
They did say: "
The Chevrolet Silverado electric full-size pickup is designed from the ground up to be an EV".
When I read it, I took it as having nothing to do with the ICE Silverado. But, if marketing wrote this than the truth might not be very evident....
my guess is a "skateboard" undercarriage with Silverado cab+box bolted on top so both "all new" AND a Silverado

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Absolutely fantastic news best bit of news in ages, when can l put a deposit down on one, won't have to buy a Ford F-150 or Ranger electric truck now, always wanted a Chevy EV truck.

Silverado with 400 mile wow what a range won't ever need that much, thats more than enough. Big winner will be the lean air we breathe, the electric truck will have the biggest impact on clean air more than any other,

GM will be able to sell this truck in any market on the planet it beats all the future emission rules & regs everywhere in the world straight out the box. Money has been sitting in the bank/share for ages, at long last l have got something to spend it on.

Best start clearing out the shed, makes some room for it.

A big thank you GM(y), sunny days happy days all the way big smiles at long last:) .

It's not hard to see why GM share are now hitting new record highs.

Silverado EV a bright shining light for General Motors, in these dark covid horrible bad news days

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

GM-Trucks.com put together what it'll likely look like from those teasers earlier this year.
I am kind of
Absolutely fantastic news best bit of news in ages, when can l put a deposit down on one, won't have to buy a Ford F-150 or Ranger electric truck now, always wanted a Chevy EV truck.

Silverado with 400 mile wow what a range won't ever need that much, thats more than enough. Big winner will be the lean air we breathe, the electric truck will have the biggest impact on clean air more than any other,

GM will be able to sell this truck in any market on the planet it beats all the future emission rules & regs everywhere in the world straight out the box. Money has been sitting in the bank/share for ages, at long last l have got something to spend it on.

Best start clearing out the shed, makes some room for it.

A big thank you GM(y), sunny days happy days all the way big smiles at long last:) .

It's not hard to see why GM share are now hitting new record highs.

Silverado EV a bright shining light for General Motors, in these dark covid horrible bad news days
I am pretty stoked to see what GM/Chevrolet is going bring to the table with an electric Silverado.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 1972 Chevy Nova
3,470 Posts
This'll probably beat the Cybertruck to market with the pace Tesla is working at.
I wouldn't be surprised if the first production Silverado Electric is ready before the timeline Car and Driver mentioned. GM has the design, engineering, and production capabilities to make that happen.

Reactions: eklauss

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,199 Posts
With the F150 EV coming out 1Q 2022, per this article, Chevy has every reason to speed it up if they can...

Reactions: eklauss and gkr778

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
With the F150 EV coming out 1Q 2022, per this article, Chevy has every reason to speed it up if they can...

+1
I think GM will respond appropriately. F-150 EV is Silverado Electric's primary competitor.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
But is it really a Silverado? That seems misleading since it's not based on the Silverado at all. For all we know this is like a Mach E situation, branding hyperbole.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
But is it really a Silverado? That seems misleading since it's not based on the Silverado at all. For all we know this is like a Mach E situation, branding hyperbole.
It will surely be a unibody as there will be no need for a separate cab and bed unless GM separates the cab and bed for stylistic reasons, they probably don't want any flex in the battery location, I am envisioning an updated Avalanche look.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
But is it really a Silverado? That seems misleading since it's not based on the Silverado at all.
With GM's Electric Silverado press release devoid of any useful information about the product, it's anyone's guess.

Then again, the question of whether or not Electric Silverado is a "real" Silverado may itself be tenuous. For example, the current generation Silverado MD is a Navistar engineered product that's distinct from Silverado LD and HD. Is Silverado MD really a Silverado? Do customers even care?

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
I think it needs a separate bed if they're going to take the "truck" part serious. Lots of work trucks replace the bed with other stuff. If they're serious about making a "work" truck, this needs to happen. If it's going to be a "lifestyle" truck, then Avalanche model is fine. I guess it'll depend on their target customer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Why does it matter what it's called. It amazes me what people focus on. Shouldn't we be focusing on what will be the capability of this EV be?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts