GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

Its highly unlikely you will get to a 100% 'clean car', since an electric car is not free of oil and petroleum, and neither is electric power ever going to come fully from clean 'renewable sources' as its been claimed.
This 'systemic injustice' against 'people of color' is what its all about.. is it not? The people lecturing us on 'systemic injustices' are the same people pushing this stuff and they are at the fore front of ridding these electric cars.. no?

The electric car is a car of 'systemic oppression' obviously.

View attachment 63841

That there is a systemic problem of the global man oppressing the small man of color
Some people just don't care about abusing exploiting children of color, don't care about them dropping deal like flies, , as long as they look cool in their no time to waste on climate change electrics. There are no votes to be lost down a South African Congo colbalt mines, sadly nobody seem to care about the small man.

This use abuse of children needs to stamped out, it not just the children adults are being abused with no respect for their health & safety whatso ever

It is shocking!!

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Foxconn puts nets around their buildings.
Keeps the people that make the beloved iPhone from offing themselves by jumping out the window.
All manner of products are made by abused people. Many of these products aren't even cheap!

There's nothing shocking about this stuff.
It would be more shocking if it wasn't happening!

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Didn't Trump put a bunch of tarriffs on items that were built by slave labor? Or something like that. I wonder if that will apply here.

Next were going to have a new class of batteries - like diamonds - that are "conflict free" or "mined using non-child labor."

Like I've said before, we've only begun to scratch the surface of the environmental impacts of switching to EVs. But it's not oil so the greenies are happy!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Foxconn puts nets around their buildings.
Keeps the people that make the beloved iPhone from offing themselves by jumping out the window.
All manner of products are made by abused people. Many of these products aren't even cheap!

There's nothing shocking about this stuff.
It would be more shocking if it wasn't happening!
Apple is hands off. It has a logo with soft edges and prideful pretty colors

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
This will be a scandal, kinda like, uhh, like discovering that Fauchi was making up stuff as he went along and in fact was conspiring with our enemies to bring this in and cover it up. No worries, though! He meant well!
Bring what in? You claimed that it was a hoax and a psyops campaign. Your tinfoil hat has so many layers that you can't even keep your own thoughts aligned.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Bring what in? You claimed that it was a hoax and a psyops campaign. Your tinfoil hat has so many layers that you can't even keep your own thoughts aligned.
I know right...claiming everything is a psyop while falling for a psyop run by an incel that's banging a robot in a Japanese apartment. Can't make this stuff up.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

Cobalt mine controlled by armed forces in eastern region of Kivu.

Worst thing is the exploitation of these children, l wonder how bosses of auto companies would send their under 16 year old children be down a cobalt mine in dangerous life shortening conditions, when they should be at school getting an education, instead turning a blind eye letting them get exploited on just 1 to 2 US dollars a day pay?

Congo has 70% of the worlds Cobalt resources that are used in everything from Apple/Microsoft computers to electric cars, l hope that both Ford & GM will be some of the good guys that will pay these adult Congo cobalt miners a decent wage not $1 a days pay, and make sure no children are ever employed working down a cobalt mine ever again, there are 40,000 children under 16 years old employed in the Southern Congo region that are being exploited on 1 to 2 dollars a day pay.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Apple is hands off. It has a logo with soft edges and prideful pretty colors
Generation Gretta into buying smart phone products supporting the abuse of under 16 year olds, backing modern day black slavery in Congo with thier latest must have Greta gear surely not?

Microsofts Bill Gates is hands off into saving the children LOL

It's not just Apple that sell I-phones mobile phones for $1,000 are abusing exploiting under 16 year old children on $1-$2 a day pay to risk thier working down these Congo cobalt mines.

·
Registered
11,042 Posts

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Has anybody noticed the peace and harmony that oil riches have brought to many of the world's oil suppliers?

Yeah, me neither.

It's not the commodity, it's the money. Unscrupulous people find ways to acquire (whatever) to make a lot of money, and not caring who gets screwed in the process. Cobalt (Lithium, etc) can be found in plenty of places outside of the Congo, including the US. But "reputable" places can't compete against a place like the Congo. Being reputable costs money.

·
Premium Member
34,053 Posts
Has anybody noticed the peace and harmony that oil riches have brought to many of the world's oil suppliers?

Yeah, me neither.

It's not the commodity, it's the money. Unscrupulous people find ways to acquire (whatever) to make a lot of money, and not caring who gets screwed in the process. Cobalt (Lithium, etc) can be found in plenty of places outside of the Congo, including the US. But "reputable" places can't compete against a place like the Congo. Being reputable costs money.
Ya know, and o just like that we gave up energy independence in the name of systemic wokeness

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The number one poluter in the world are volcanoes. They are the main reason for climate change. The US has the cleanest air of all almost all nations.
That is not the least bit true and has been proven wrong repeatedly with basic data for anyone who's not too lazy to research it on their own. One of the largest recorded eruptions was Mt. Pinatubo in '91 and it's total emissions were still an order of magnitude less than just the US's alone in a given year.

Reactions: impala02 and emh

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Some people just don't care about abusing exploiting children of color, don't care about them dropping deal like flies, , as long as they look cool in their no time to waste on climate change electrics. There are no votes to be lost down a South African Congo colbalt mines, sadly nobody seem to care about the small man.

This use abuse of children needs to stamped out, it not just the children adults are being abused with no respect for their health & safety whatso ever

It is shocking!!
What if I told you those photos are old?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I begin to wonder if we had bet on the wrong horse with batteries? Some people might dislike the idea of biofuels but we should might check an eye on them again with other sources coming from swichgrass, hemp, algae, etc...instead of corn...
Well I couldn't agree more, Porsche is already producing 'Synethic Fuel' which they will be using to power the 2021/22 Race circuits in their cars. I'm kinda up in my years, but from the beginning I've felt that maybe we were throwing out the baby with the bath water in junking the whole ICE industry, perhaps converting all municipal, state and federal fleets like the post office to EV vehicles, then get a measurement on carbon emissions, we might have a more exact point from which to calculate where to go from there ? If it took 100 years to raise the planets temperature 1.5 degrees, we might understand exactly how much is too much ? I'm just not all the convinced that EV are all that much better ?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts