GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is me revisiting some work from two years ago. Thusly I tried to bake in a little bit of my old "render-type" style.

I also attempted to do a render. I got frustrated with the shading and gave up on it, however. :(

The old sketch from '06:

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
I like your old sketch much better. There is a slight problem with your newer ones, and that's the rear wheel. You're rear wheel is way off, and makes the car look very long (if you have trouble seeing it, flip your drawing horizontally either on the computer or by looking at it in a mirror, it should help you spot potential problems).

Your rear wheel should be almost the same size as your front wheel with only a slight change in "fatness" and you should leave some rear overhang. your older sketch is dead on in this regard. I know you're trying to achieve a stylized sketch look, and that's respectable, but you should only try that with sketches that are done in much more dynamic perspectives.

I think if you fix this problem your sketches would be fantastic. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, I was afraid of such a problem. Thank you for the constructive criticism, Burns. It is very much appreciated. :)

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Yes, your old sketch is much better. Like Mr. Burns said, the rear wheel is off, and it's also really really long.
I love the old one though!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know what is funny? I hate that old sketch! Sure, maybe the wheels are in correct proportion, but it does not feel properly balanced to me.

Thank you for the comments and criticism, though, Fenwick! :)

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
i think the older front end is better, but the new body, except for, you know, looks fantastic. i would say try to blend them together

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It reminds me of the Ford Super Chief concept.

I like the older drawing better. It actually looks alot like the G8 ST if they produced it as a 4 door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts