GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.edmunds.com/insideline

Cadillac CTS Coupe Drops Some Camo

DETROIT — The Cadillac CTS Coupe continues its progress toward production, as our spy photographer captures a prototype with less camouflage than before, revealing additional details about the new luxury performance coupe from General Motors.

The latest pictures of the CTS coupe uncover more details about the two-door car's dramatic roof line, notably the B-pillar and a portion of the C-pillar. While there's clearly a B-pillar in place to deliver the structural rigidity required in a performance car, the clean execution of the design actually gives the impression of an elegant pillarless design.

Up until now, prototypes of the CTS coupe have been disguised by lots of tape and cladding aft of the doors, which led us to believe that production requirements had forced the adoption of a heavy, clumsy design solution for the B-pillar.

In addition, our photograph shows much of the rear glass in profile. Its appearance seems to confirm that the rear portion of the greenhouse will faithfully reproduce the proportions of the Cadillac CTS Coupe concept that appeared at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show.

What this means to you: Just as we've expected, it appears that Cadillac is doing everything possible to ensure that the CTS coupe will look just like the concept car once it finally enters production for 2010. — Michael Jordan, Executive Editor, Inside Line

Click link for Photo: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/MediaNav/articleId=128046/firstNav=Gallery/photoId=57850

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
looks like they are keeping the same door handles that the concept had.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Hot. I kinda wish that teh CTS had a pillarless greenhouse....oh well, less weight is the word of they day.

5,934 Posts
I find it very disheartening, seeing this juxtaposed with the news of GM's low stock value.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Damn you diaper. For me the back end on the concept was a love hate kind of thing. I can't wait to see the production version.

it appears that Cadillac is doing everything possible to ensure that the CTS coupe will look just like the concept car once it finally enters production for 2010
Holy!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like how they are using the Corvette/XLR door handles. Hopefully we'll see a V series.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
The center exhaust is pretty cool.

That rear end is pretty big, the bumper is tall enough for the front of a semi truck. Perhaps it just looks that way in the photo due to a wide angle lens? Overall a very nice looking car.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My next car. Call me crazy but I love the back end. It has really grown on me.

But unless it get 50mpg has 550hp and gets a gold L on the front it won't sell. At least that's what member34563242348 told me :D :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
My next car. Call me crazy but I love the back end. It has really grown on me.

But unless it get 50mpg has 550hp and gets a gold L on the front it won't sell. At least that's what member34563242348 told me :D :D
hahaha! i actually laughed out loud for that one! this car looks great to me...but i really like unique niche models like this

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
By far the best execution of the new design language IMO. However, in regard to the door handles: aesthetics good, ergonomics bad. You either open it with the wrong hand and swap in the middle or roll your wrist over backwards.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Its the same door handle as the Corvette and XLR and those work flawlessly. I see no problem with these at all.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
By far the best execution of the new design language IMO. However, in regard to the door handles: aesthetics good, ergonomics bad. You either open it with the wrong hand and swap in the middle or roll your wrist over backwards.
I disagree with you on the door handles. I have no problem with them. Also, It's pretty cool how the door actually opens on it's own slightly when you touch the exterior pad or interior button.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I gotta have that thing!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I disagree with you on the door handles. I have no problem with them. Also, It's pretty cool how the door actually opens on it's own slightly when you touch the exterior pad or interior button.

yeh gotta agree. on my brothers vette its pretty much effortless to open the doors.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts