GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/d...Id=132113?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*

What Works:Compliant, serene ride on any road; ample midrange torque; well-shaped front seats; excellent third-row access; enormous cargo hold.
What Needs Work:Subpar fit and finish; second-row seats aren't very comfortable; transmission has to be bullied into downshifting.
Bottom Line:It's not any smaller than the traditional SUV you used to drive, but the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse is a whole lot friendlier

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I like the Traverse the best. Not including the Enclave.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Nice! Maybe I'll shop at the GM bakery. I'll take 25 cupcakes, please :D

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Subpar fit and finish? They should have just used Lansing Delta Township :rolleyes:

(well ok volume is probably the reason why but come on..."we built a plant to produce 3 vehicles on one new platform, but lets retool this old one to make another platform-mate")

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Still has that ugly GM steering wheel .... other than that, I like it quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
One thing about GM vehicles, most ride very well over many types of surfaces...And they get grat gas mileage for their power and size. The delay in down-shifting is approptiate for this vehicle because it will be driven on the highway mostly, not sporty driving, and it is needed to reduce gas consumption. A small detail that really isn't bad. They were just looking for something to gripe about.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The 900's aren't in the same class, but with fuel issues and whatnot I wonder too how many people switched. A lot of people never reallu used the 900's for what they were meant to be for anyway...

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Wow. Seeing it on video just made me hate it. It looks bloated and its the only Lambda that looks big. Its really downright ugly and the overall design is so inconsistent.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
I can't believe Edmunds said the Chevy lacks high style. OK, that I believe, but I can't believe they said the Mazda CX-9 was high style... The CX-9 is odd looking, interesting, but not particularly classy.

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
im still surprised how big these are.. is there any numbers if it took sales away from the 900s
I wouldn't so much say that they took sales from the 900's as they prevented the loss of those customers. Those defections were going to be to a smaller SUV or a minivan that could tow a little.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
I'm not surprised by the subpar fit and finish - this is typical of most GM vehicles these days and is exacerbated as GM designs a myriad of joints and pieces for their new dashboards that really require some serious attention to assembly detail that is beyond the typical GM UAW worker. Of course the whole dash could be designed so it would be easier to build and to assemble correctly without losing the style, but GM is incapable of doing the right thing the right way.

Personally the Traverse is less offensive looking than the bloated Enclave and looks better proportioned than the brick Outcadia.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Where do they stick all that weight? 4900 pounds, the block made of lead or something? I swear to god, every time they come out with a new vehicle it weighs 1000 pounds more than it should. It's a freakin minivan with swing doors instead of sliders, how are they adding so much heft?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Traverse looks real good up close in person. I have seen several here at LDT. It looks more like the Enclave than the other two. The size of these vehicles are great. Only a few percent less than a Tahoe. They do need to do something with the transmission calibration. I thought that they would have fixed it with the 2009 DI engine, but I guess not from what I am reading. I am a bit surprised as well that they build the Traverse in Spring Hill instead of LDT. I guess they did not want to interrupt production too much.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
We were looking at an Enclave and Acadia, but with the prices so steep (used) and the GMS not making much difference on new ones, we ended up with a 2007 Rainier. So far, so good. Sure, it's not as high-tech or new as a Lambda, but it was a whole lot less. There's definitely not $14,000 difference in a Rainier and Enclave. At least not to us right now...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts