GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
great googly-moogly! what is that, trubo'd? where'd you shank that picture. it's beauty at its best.
"great googly-moogly" - OMG I laughed my *** off when I read that, I haven't heard it in so long. Anyway, that's the Ecotec drag car engine with 1000hp dude. I don't think its very streetable, heh heh. You can build it as the parts are all available from GM if anyone is nuts enough to do it. :D

Originally posted by 02eco@Nov 7 2003, 09:41 PM
great googly-moogly! what is that, trubo'd? where'd you shank that picture. it's beauty at its best.
"great googly-moogly" - OMG I laughed my *** off when I read that, I haven't heard it in so long. Anyway, that's the Ecotec drag car engine with 1000hp dude. I don't think its very streetable, heh heh. You can build it as the parts are all available from GM if anyone is nuts enough to do it. :D
not all of the parts. i've found blow-off vavles, i've seen the blank cams, but i still haven't found the matching blower or turbo system.

Thanks, sweetie, miss you too. :D :woot2: Is it me, or is it funny when someone new comes here and starts telling us about stuff we have been talking about for six months. I am NOT refering to people posting topics or anything, just when a guy is making his first post and you just KNOW he hasn't read anything here yet. I am not saying new people should not post, just that before they assume we don't know our ***'les from a hole in the ground they do a little searching. Glad to have them anyway, though.

On this Eco line, who wants to be the first to guess a next step or answer why they don't offer a basic long block with forged internals instead or any other thoughts. I would but I have to go, my little HOt Rod is crying.

SYK

Originally posted by sykboy@Nov 8 2003, 01:55 AM
Thanks, sweetie, miss you too. :D :woot2: Is it me, or is it funny when someone new comes here and starts telling us about stuff we have been talking about for six months. I am NOT refering to people posting topics or anything, just when a guy is making his first post and you just KNOW he hasn't read anything here yet. I am not saying new people should not post, just that before they assume we don't know our ***'les from a hole in the ground they do a little searching. Glad to have them anyway, though.

On this Eco line, who wants to be the first to guess a next step or answer why they don't offer a basic long block with forged internals instead or any other thoughts. I would but I have to go, my little HOt Rod is crying.

SYK
i concur, my informed colleague, that it is indeed a droll situation :D

but seriously, newbs get on my nerves when they bring back dead threads or start talking about decade old info. then again, they also provide amp oppourtunities to start flame wars. i guess it's a double edged sword :D

whether or not they offer a long block, i'm sure there will eventually be an aftermarket company to produce them. i mean, DART started making B18 blocks [i think it was DART] so i'm hoping someone else will do the same for the ECOTEC. plus, i'm sure GM won't let this untapped market fall through their hands like everything else. they'll offer something similar to what you suggested, they have to.

but seriously, newbs get on my nerves when they bring back dead threads or start talking about decade old info.
If you haven't, read the "Will History Repeat Itself" thread, where you have also posted, with many -fine- contributions by newbies.

then again, they also provide amp oppourtunities to start flame wars. i guess it's a double edged sword
So are you saying that Chevy -shouldn't- bring back the Chevelle SS396, or that the 1500SS is NOT too slow?

Ghrankenstein

Yo Ghrankenheimer! I don't think all newbs are boobs, just some. I think Mackingu will agree but who the hell knows about that choada-boy! :woot2:

Originally posted by Ghrank quoting Mack

Mack - then again, they also provide amp oppourtunities to start flame wars. i guess it's a double edged sword

Ghrank - So are you saying that Chevy -shouldn't- bring back the Chevelle SS396, or that the 1500SS is NOT too slow?
You lost me there, man. Guess I need to read that thread but it looks like War and Peace! I'll grab a sixer (might not be enough) tonight and try to catch up. :D

Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!

I wonder if parts will get cheaper since they are going into production? Despite what some might say, not all of GM's Perf. Parts are expensive - vortec heads. They say they want this to be the "new smallblock". A big part of the SBC's appeal is its thriftiness, power per dollar, I hope that carries over.

Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@Nov 8 2003, 06:06 AM
but seriously, newbs get on my nerves when they bring back dead threads or start talking about decade old info.
If you haven't, read the "Will History Repeat Itself" thread, where you have also posted, with many -fine- contributions by newbies.

then again, they also provide amp oppourtunities to start flame wars. i guess it's a double edged sword
So are you saying that Chevy -shouldn't- bring back the Chevelle SS396, or that the 1500SS is NOT too slow?

Ghrankenstein
:lol: that "history will repeat itself" made my brain hurt. and that dually idea you had for the 2500HD would be awsome. BTW, the 396 and 427 were nothing compared to the 454 :D

and if parts don't get cheaper, i think i'll take a stroll down to the pontiac lot near my house with a crowbar and an engine stand and see if i can't fix the problem. :p

Originally posted by mackingu+Nov 12 2003, 03:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mackingu @ Nov 12 2003, 03:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gerardo_zg@Nov 12 2003, 03:11 AM
Cool, is it going to be the 405hp version :p?
what the heck? i don't get it :blink: [/b][/quote]
You know... the Judge ;)

Okay, so none of yeah have been on here for some great while. And I've been looking for some good advice. Now I'm looking to do this mod on a 96 sunfire. Including either keeping the original 2.2l engine and extremely modifying that and trans or do a swap with a newer four cylinder. I was able to master tuning the original 2.2l engine on a 93 cavalier but I wasn't able to do so with the trans well on the plus side after the hassles and head aches I was able to produce 312hp without nos. LOL so this is where that I'm asking if I would be better to try the newer 2.2 or 2.0 turbo/supercharged or even the quad 4 is better?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.