GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay, so none of yeah have been on here for some great while. And I've been looking for some good advice. Now I'm looking to do this mod on a 96 sunfire. Including either keeping the original 2.2l engine and extremely modifying that and trans or do a swap with a newer four cylinder. I was able to master tuning the original 2.2l engine on a 93 cavalier but I wasn't able to do so with the trans well on the plus side after the hassles and head aches I was able to produce 312hp without nos. LOL so this is where that I'm asking if I would be better to try the newer 2.2 or 2.0 turbo/supercharged or even the quad 4 is better?

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a lot that i had learned LOL and i know that. I'm just not sure how good is this newer gen than the one I have tinkered with. I found more types and better parts that will run better. Unfortunatly this newer gen engine and trans seems to be able to handle what I want to put it thru. I'm unsure about the max power and torque after being beefed up. My goal on this project is to have with a gm 4cl motor with 400+hp. I should have been more specific in the beginning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.