GM Inside News Forum banner

Ecotec Crate Engine - good for the "Tuners"?

12K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  symbolical 
Can't wait to see what Garyhoov will say about those numbers. :rolleyes: :D

It did say "about" 220.

I am with the mack on this one, although I wouldn't say it was executed wrong, just that it could have been done better. While I am very excited about this engine, I am somewhat perplexed by the configuration. We could also use some better data on the specs. Is it intended to be a bolt in replacement? Does it include a stand-alone PCM? Why not just a long block with forged pistons and rods(People want turbos too)? Anyway, this is just the first in a line of supposed Eco crates, so, we will just have to wait and see. Very F'n cool though. I wonder how much this puppy is going to cost?

Easy, Tonto! :D

No part number for the Eco and once again, is there a reflash or stand alone or what? I understand that using a flash would be less expensive but that kind of screws those that don't have a particular ECU and don't feel like rewiring their cars. I am assuming there is no info on the GMPP website and there won't be for quite a while as it doesn't even have the S/C package for the automatic J's and N's yet.

Thanks, sweetie, miss you too. :D :woot2: Is it me, or is it funny when someone new comes here and starts telling us about stuff we have been talking about for six months. I am NOT refering to people posting topics or anything, just when a guy is making his first post and you just KNOW he hasn't read anything here yet. I am not saying new people should not post, just that before they assume we don't know our ***'les from a hole in the ground they do a little searching. Glad to have them anyway, though.

On this Eco line, who wants to be the first to guess a next step or answer why they don't offer a basic long block with forged internals instead or any other thoughts. I would but I have to go, my little HOt Rod is crying.

SYK

Yo Ghrankenheimer! I don't think all newbs are boobs, just some. I think Mackingu will agree but who the hell knows about that choada-boy! :woot2:

Originally posted by Ghrank quoting Mack

Mack - then again, they also provide amp oppourtunities to start flame wars. i guess it's a double edged sword

Ghrank - So are you saying that Chevy -shouldn't- bring back the Chevelle SS396, or that the 1500SS is NOT too slow?
You lost me there, man. Guess I need to read that thread but it looks like War and Peace! I'll grab a sixer (might not be enough) tonight and try to catch up. :D

Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!Eco!

I wonder if parts will get cheaper since they are going into production? Despite what some might say, not all of GM's Perf. Parts are expensive - vortec heads. They say they want this to be the "new smallblock". A big part of the SBC's appeal is its thriftiness, power per dollar, I hope that carries over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.