GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got wondering...could the 2.2L simply be put in the Aveo? A fact is that the Cobalt XFE gets a rated 36 freeway mpg, a few better than the Aveo (33?). I haven't seen the engine bay but assuming the 2.2 isn't really physically bigger, why doesn't GM use that instead? I'm under the great assumption that an Aveo weighs less and has less drag than the Cobalt and logically the same engine should give a smaller vehicle better mileage. It would also easily have the most HP in its class. DI would also boost it

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I think it would make the Aveo too expensive and too close in specs to the Cobalt. Most people end up upgrading to the Cobalt already, adding the 2.2 would further drive the Aveo into obsolesence.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
It'd be a quick ride. Why not go ahead and stick the 2.4 in there?
Or even better the turbocharged ecotec like the one found in the Cobalt SS now that would be a quick little car

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
You guys are funny. He is talking about getting more gas mileage.....and you guys want more power! ;)

Honestly I don't think it would be a "simple" engine swap, it'd have to be a transmission too likely.....and probably axles etc. The Aveo is a South Korean car made in South Korea. I'm sure it's possible, but I doubt anyone will do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there I'm from south africa I own a 07 aveo sedan I want to fit the ecotech 2.2l wth gearbox is it a straight fit in wth same mountings or can anyone plz advise me wat 2ltr engines wth gearbox can fit straight in even any make plz guys really need help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts