GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, here's another topic coming from my inquisitive mind...

I was browsing eBay for a new cell phone today (I'm a new so-called "eBayer" so I'm having trouble) and some of the items for sale say that the highest bidder will give away 10 or more links, etc. to websites that nobody else but an "elite" few know about where you can buy any electronic item for far less than at the store. For example, you can buy a $250 Samsung flip-phone for only $15 plus shipping & handling. I'm a little bit cautious before bidding on this "item" so I thought to myself, "Hey, I should ask my good friends at GMI on their opinions and accounts of this!" So, is this too good to be true or can I get these links easily through someone else without paying a single penny?

Oh yes BTW, if it is true, does anyone know any good links??? ;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sounds like mess to me. You can get discounts through an electronic sales license if you’re interested. That’s a good way to get rock bottom prices and not get ripped. If someone can make money through commerce then I doubt they are going to hide themselves and try to be elite but this could be something new I guess. You can also contact eBay on questionable items. There are groups of people that see deals that are obvious scams and work together to bid the price up so high that no real buyer will get ripped off. This is an attempt by private individuals to help eBay out but eBay is saying it wants to intervene itself. Lots of times the scams are run from overseas, don’t give em any info until you know for a fact it’s legit. Even eBay is saying it can only do so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts