GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A group of 90 East Coast Pontiac dealers sent Motor Trend’s Car of the Year, the Pontiac Grand Prix, to Time Magazine’s Man of the Year, Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev. The new Grand Prix, finished appropriately enough in bright red, had an MG monogram on the drivers’s door, RG on the passenger’s door, and carried a vanity plate that read “GORBY.”

1988 Pontiac Grand Prix Commercial – GORBY

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
That was pretty cool, I think I vaguely remember that ad! That was a good era with Ronald Reagan, the collapse of the Soviet Union, Rock was still rock (not this single singer pop music we have now).
And back when rap/hip-hop music had more positive values unlike today. I wish for a hip-hop demolition night similar to the Disco demolition night. ;)

·
Registered
17,260 Posts
And back when rap/hip-hop music had more positive values unlike today. I wish for a hip-hop demolition night similar to the Disco demolition night. ;)
yes, the lyric's akin to "kill your mother, kill your father, kill them all" are just plain wrong. I look back to rock from the 80's and earlier it it seems pretty tame.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,576 Posts
So, is Gorby still driving this Poncho? Does he attend club meetings?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm curious about that too.

Whatever happened to the car?
She was placed into the museum of the Moskvich (muscovite) car producer in the city of Moscow .After ussr crash the car was owned by an businessman who bought the museum cars collection. Then this Pontiac was returned to Gorby at last.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts