GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Overall it looks pretty good but I'll have to agree with mgescuro here on the front end of this rendering. Not liking that at all!

·
Registered
44,165 Posts
My God, man, does nothing please you?
What? You're happy with that design??
It looks like a larger, modern, Saab 99! Look at the rear lines. And look at the front.
You find the raccoon eyes acceptable?? Not to mention the overhang?

This is a VERY sloppy design, if it is anything like the actual 9-5!!!

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
What? You're happy with that design??
It looks like a larger, modern, Saab 99! Look at the rear lines. And look at the front.
You find the raccoon eyes acceptable?? Not to mention the overhang?

This is a VERY sloppy design, if it is anything like the actual 9-5!!!
What you THINK a Saab is, is not what a Saab is.

I like the new design after seeing the 9-3 in person. I'd get that 9-5 assuming it comes with a 6-speed manual.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
the lights on the 9-3 everyone hates have some kind of projector LED 'slit' that runs the width of the headlamp at night with a bright white/bluish light. It looked really sharp, saw one yesterday....very nice.

Not thrilled by look, like a 350awd saab 9-5 though!

CobaltSS

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
i really like the blacked out a-pillar.

if the 9-4x is any indication, gm is finally giving saab customized product. i expect the same in regards to the 9-5

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'm not putting any stock in this drawing. This is only what Left Lane News thinks. Show me the real thing and then we'll talk. I am hoping for a great car though. I love the new 9-3, especially after testing driving one.

·
Registered
44,165 Posts
What you THINK a Saab is, is not what a Saab is.

I like the new design after seeing the 9-3 in person. I'd get that 9-5 assuming it comes with a 6-speed manual.
The 9-3 has evolved into a cobbled together design that is neither Swedish or American. Anyone who thinks the current 9-3 is good design needs to go see an optometrist.
The current 9-3 is disgusting. And its continued sales decline is evidence, despite the refresh.

Taking a 35 year old car design, and then modernizing is a death sentence. We've seen it over and over and over again.

A 9-5 that takes that 35 year old design, slaps on a "modern" front end, will be a Frankenstein of a car.

The reason 9-3 and 9-5 did so well for Saab when they were released were because a more contemporary design that appealed to a modern yet practical aesthetic.

The reason these same designs are failing now is because they are ****ing old and they are ****ing ugly as sin.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
The 9-3 has evolved into a cobbled together design that is neither Swedish or American. Anyone who thinks the current 9-3 is good design needs to go see an optometrist.
The current 9-3 is disgusting. And its continued sales decline is evidence, despite the refresh.

Taking a 35 year old car design, and then modernizing is a death sentence. We've seen it over and over and over again.

A 9-5 that takes that 35 year old design, slaps on a "modern" front end, will be a Frankenstein of a car.

The reason 9-3 and 9-5 did so well for Saab when they were released were because a more contemporary design that appealed to a modern yet practical aesthetic.

The reason these same designs are failing now is because they are ****ing old and they are ****ing ugly as sin.
The '08 9-3 is the best looking Saab in decades. So, you have your opinion, others have theirs.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts