GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-wagon.html

While we can't precise disclose details of the crystal ball we used to generated this illustration, we can assure you it depicts almost exactly how Cadillac's CTS Wagon will look when it debuts later this year or early next. Down to the smallest details, this is what GM has in store for its first true wagon of the "art and science" variety.
She's a looker :bounce:

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
...not a good idea.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Very nice!

So effectively, this is going to replace the SRX in the lineup far better than the BRX could. At least, unlike the SRX, they're actually saying it's a wagon and not pretending it's a crossover or SUV.

In a strange twist, the CTS wagon looks more cool and less wagon-y than the SRX did, in spite of unashamedly being wagon. If it looks like this, it should merit consideration among wealthy families on the go (though I very rarely see BMW or Mercedes wagons in the US). If they need one in Europe though, why not sell them here too?

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
That's about what I expected and I think it's great.

Now I'm torn. Sedan, Coupe, Wagon......Sedan, Coupe, Wagon. What ever shall I buy????

And by the way, when will we see this in the "metal"? I'm betting on Frankfurt in September. Especially since this is expected to sell well (relative term) in Europe where high end wagons are far more popular than in SUV-crazy America.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm still waiting for a vert

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I'm still waiting for a vert
Well stock up on provisions, you'll be waiting quite a while. The convertible version has been cancelled.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Can you imagine a 550hp CTS-v wagon?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Overall I like it, but there's something awkward about the relationship between the angles of the upper taillights and the leading edge of the rather massive C pillar.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
If this ever gets sold here......and it does pretty good, then maybe, just maybe.......it'll convince Putz & co. to bring the G8 Sportwagon up from Australia...... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
Very nice!

So effectively, this is going to replace the SRX in the lineup far better than the BRX could.
The BRX(whatever name GM's marketing goes with) and the CTS Wagon are co-replacements of the SRX.In other words they both replace the SRX.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Very nice!

So effectively, this is going to replace the SRX in the lineup far better than the BRX could. At least, unlike the SRX, they're actually saying it's a wagon and not pretending it's a crossover or SUV.
?

What exactly do you think the so called BRX is? How do you know this cartoon drawing is better?

·
Registered
44,167 Posts
:eek: That looks really nice.
Would be nice of Cadillac to standardize on rear exhaust look and placement. It'll at least shave some costs.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts