GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dr. Pratt picked up his new 300C in tonight's episode.
Let's just say that they many lines of dialog were about the features the car had, including the 340HP engine, 380watt stereo with subwoofer, 0-60 time and a whole lot of other specs.

The end of the episode had the car (and occupants) being shot at by a crazed road-raged guy.

End of season....

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I saw that too! I was so surprised and the chase seen looked exactly like a Chrysler commercial. Maybe for the first episode of the upcoming season they'll have the car crash to show how safe it is... :lol:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811@May 14 2004, 03:29 PM
I saw that too!  I was so surprised and the chase seen looked exactly like a Chrysler commercial.  Maybe for the first episode of the upcoming season they'll have the car crash to show how safe it is...  :lol:
:lol: :lol: Talk about shamless plug...

·
Registered
315 Posts
I thought it was funny that an old Riviera could keep up with the Hemi....

it is one thing to place the product in the show, it is another to use the script to promote it...

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Originally posted by MarkSS@May 14 2004, 06:08 PM
I thought it was funny that an old Riviera could keep up with the Hemi....

it is one thing to place the product in the show, it is another to use the script to promote it...
yeah, Pretty sad if that riviera can really keep up. They should have just out ran t and been done...but they needed some sort of a cliffhanger ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@May 14 2004, 02:59 AM
The end of the episode had the car (and occupants) being shot at by a crazed road-raged guy. 

:lol: That crazed guy was shooting at them for driving a Chrysler... :p

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Damn. Rex. I was going to start this post...

Well you have to admit, the 300C looks goos under the night lights.

I think its an NBC/Chrysler thing. The Crossfire convertible on The Apprentice, the 300C, and if you noticed, the intern nurse on ER was driving a Chrysler too (I forgot her name and what car cause I don't know my Chryslers. Four door sedan, all I can tell you.)

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Is it just me or is every NBC show sponsered by DCX? The Apprentice is sponsored by Chrysler, E/R is sponsered by Chrysler, The Restaurant is sponsored by Mitsubishi, etc. In The Apprentice, they gave the winner a Chrysler Crossfire, in E/R, Nila (the nurse from Britain) was driving her Chrysler Sebring to get to her college or whatever and Dr. Pratt just got his new Chrysler 300C with "0-60 in 5.7"..LOL, and in The Restaurant, the main character - Rocco Despiritu - drives either his Mitsubishi Endeavor or his Mitsubishi Galant. Talk about putting cars into the show!

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CBS and GM also have a deal. Survivor gave away 3 cars this season.
a Colorado to Boston Rob
a Malibu Maxx to Amber
a Equinox to Shi-Ann

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Not to mention, the guys from CSI: Miami drive H2s. And as i recall, Richard Hatch got an Aztek when he won the original Survivor.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I think that on the"regular" CSI there is some GM connection too, I saw an episode that the investigators were driving a police spec Impala in dark blue and the killer had a Chevrolet Silverado 2500 as his work truck and a Buick Park Avenue , the only non-GM car I remember was the victims mid 1980's Thunderbird.

24 has a lot of Ford Expeditions and Excursions, but there also happen to be some GMC Yukon Denali's too. So I am not sure who is their preffered supplier.

None of this is really new stuff though, maybe the guy on ER braging about the perfromance of the 300, but for many years now automakers have been providing cars to TV shows. Ford used to be one of the biggest, most of the Quinn-Martin shows of the 1970's had Ford products.

Remebe.... Barnaby Jones LTD coupe
Cannons Lincoln Mark IV
All the Police Cars on "The Streets of San Fransisco"

The 2 Mustangs and Pinto on "Charlies Angels"
The red Ford Torino on "Starsky and Hutch"
All the cars on "Hawaii Five-0"

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@May 20 2004, 07:48 PM
I think that on the"regular" CSI there is some GM connection too, I saw an episode that the investigators were driving a police spec Impala in dark blue and the killer had a Chevrolet Silverado 2500 as his work truck and a Buick Park Avenue , the only non-GM car I remember was the victims mid 1980's Thunderbird.

All the cars on "Hawaii Five-0"
The vehicles that the original CSI characters drive are Yukon Denalis, which is a bit of a stretch unless Vegas has so much money that they really do buy luxury SUV's for their CSI investigators. Of course this seems perfectly sensible compared to CSI: Miami people driving Hummers to investigate crime scenes. That's just ridiculous.

I'm not much of a Mercury fan, but McGarrett, I used to like those big black Mercury sedans that you drove on your series.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kitt on Knight Rider (NBC) : Pontiac Firebird
Maxwell Smart (ABC) drove a Sunbeam Tiger
Jim Rockford - Rockford Files drove a Firebird
Ponch on Chips drove a Firebird
The A-team (NBC) featured a GMC van and a Corvette
Dukes of Hazzard
Duke's - Dodge Charger
Daisy's Road Runner (replaced by a Jeep YJ)
Boss Hogg's Cadillac
Magnum PI's Ferrari 308
Nash Bridge's Hemi Cuda
Viper's Viper

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Las Vegas (NBC) first gen Camaro ss vert. :bounce:
Fear Factor (NBC) 2nd and 3rd gen Camaros and 80s Caprices for car stunts
Don't they use Suburbans on West Wing (NBC)

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@May 20 2004, 08:42 PM
Kitt on Knight Rider (NBC) : Pontiac Firebird
Maxwell Smart (ABC) drove a Sunbeam Tiger
Jim Rockford - Rockford Files drove a Firebird
Ponch on Chips drove a Firebird
The A-team (NBC) featured a GMC van and a Corvette
Dukes of Hazzard
Duke's - Dodge Charger
Daisy's Road Runner (replaced by a Jeep YJ)
Boss Hogg's Cadillac
Magnum PI's Ferrari 308
Nash Bridge's Hemi Cuda
Viper's Viper
On the Rockford Files, let's not forget his dad's silver and red GMC 4X4 pickup. They would slip a new one in there every couple of years, but make it look just the same.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Some of those cars were provided by the manufactuer, like the "Knight Rider" Trans Am and Jim Rockfords Gold Firebird Esprits and his fathers GMC's, but some of the cars, like the ones on the "Dukes of Hazzard" I dont belive were supplied by that manufactuer, If you really look at the cars on the show, it;s like they raided a used car lot for all the cars, I think that the newest car on the show was Daisys Jeep, which I think was like a 78 or 79.

The Charger was a 1969
Boss Hogg Cadillac was a 1970
The police cars were various vintage 70's Plymouth-Dodge, or "Plodge" Furys and Monacos, except for the 1st season, when they were AMC Ambassadors.
Cooters GMC tow truck was like a 1974-1975
Uncle Jessies F100 was about a 1972 model.

I do think that GM did supply the GMC van and Corvette for the "A-Team"

Ponch did have a Firebird on "CHiPs" but it was like a 1971 or 1972 model and the show came out in the later 70's, so I dont think that it came from Pontiac, but remeber his partner, Baker, had a GMC Sierra 4x4 Sportstide. All the police cars were "Plodges" too.

I think that their big sponsor was Kawasaki, who supplied the bikes.

I dont know how they got the Ferrari for Magnum, but it sure was cool, especially the shot in the credits at the begining, where he takes of with the Ferrari on wet grass and fish-tails the car on to the road.

Trivia question? What did everyone else on Magnum drive? i.e all the other characters...\

Bonus: What was on the Ferraris liscence plate? (easy)

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@May 21 2004, 05:39 PM
I dont know how they got the Ferrari for Magnum, but it sure was cool, especially the shot in the credits at the begining, where he takes of with the Ferrari on wet grass and fish-tails the car on to the road.

Trivia question? What did everyone else on Magnum drive? i.e all the other characters...\

Bonus: What was on the Ferraris liscence plate? (easy)
TC had a VW van, painted the same as his copter. Higgins drove an Audi, didn't he? In the first season, the Masters Estate also had a lifted GMC Jimmy that Magnum drove into a cane field until a bullet hole in the tank ran him out of gas.

I want to say that Rick drove a Vette, but I'm not sure.

Didn't the plate say something about Robin?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ferrari 308 - Robin 1 also 56E-478 in the pilot episode (explodes (and is replaced))
Audi - Robin 2 (Gets blown up in an episode)
GMC Jimmy - Robin 3

TC's helicopter is wrecked in 2 episodes.

Full names:
Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
Orville "Rick" Wilbur Wright II
Theodore "T.C." Calvin
Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Very good!

I was impressed that someone actually remembered the VW Vanagon that was painted to match the helicopter.

There also was a Jeep Wagoneer, I think it replaced the Jimmy.

want to say that Rick drove a Vette, but I'm not sure.

He seems like the kind of guy that would drive a Vette, doesnt he? Especially one of those flashy C3 Corvettes with the giant curves on the front fenders...but as far as I can remeber he had a Mercedes 450SL, silver I think....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts