GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm a long-time car lover who was lucky enough to get a job interview with General Motors Canada right after graduating University.

The inverview was for a District Service or Sales Manager, and due to my charm, good-looks, and cunning, im in line to take the position once a position comes open.

So, basically, for all of you who work at the dealers, what's the relationship like between you and the DSM's? Should I expect the worst? Or will things be peachy?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm a long-time car lover who was lucky enough to get a job interview with General Motors Canada right after graduating University.

The inverview was for a District Service or Sales Manager, and due to my charm, good-looks, and cunning, im in line to take the position once a position comes open.

So, basically, for all of you who work at the dealers, what's the relationship like between you and the DSM's? Should I expect the worst? Or will things be peachy?
If it's ANYTHING like Chrysler and their "award-winning 5-STAR" dealers, things will be peachy keen between you and the dealer! They'll "wine and dine" you and you can give the dealer good grades for customer service and follow-up etc. It means NOTHING. The only loser is the customer who is mystified by all these wonderful accolades to the dealer when in the REAL WORLD, they are all FANTASY!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I'm very, very suprised they would hire someone straight out of University. IMO, you need some serious sales and/or service experience before you could take on that job.

We have a good relationship with our DSM.

Sorry, but I don't believe your story.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm very, very suprised they would hire someone straight out of University. IMO, you need some serious sales and/or service experience before you could take on that job.

We have a good relationship with our DSM.

Sorry, but I don't believe your story.
I'm completely serious, if I were to make up a story in these forums, I would have probably chosen something a little more glamourous than this!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your relationship will be pretty much what YOU make it. If you act like a god when you walk into the dealership and expect others to kiss your butt, you will get very little respect. If you truly show that you are interested in the retail customer and the dealers success in his business venture, you will be a valued associate and partner. I never forgot to put myself in the other persons shoes when I made decisions. The retail customer always got the benefit of the doubt and if I felt that the dealer was doing all that he should to satisfy customers I would go above and beyond for him too. Yes you will always have programs to sell, (some of them you won't believe in but still have to sell them), objectives to try to meet and a load of other crap, but, the job will be very much what you make of it. Don't try to BS your way through the job, be honest and reasonable and you will have alot of job satisfaction!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts