1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
And where did leftlane get this from??? The convertible, last I heard was supposed to come out sometime in the summer/early fall of next year....hmmmm...

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And where did leftlane get this from??? The convertible, last I heard was supposed to come out sometime in the summer/early fall of next year....hmmmm...
Who knows but I agree with you newdude I also do remember hearing that the new droptop would be out either next summer or early fall so either Leftlane is making assumptions or they heard this from one of there sources

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
As long as it's available by summer, who cares. If GM releases it next December, that will be a problem.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
As long as it's available by summer, who cares. If GM releases it next December, that will be a problem.

didn't they release both the Sky and the Solstice in the fall/winter time?

I wouldn't put that much faith we'll see the car by early summer. LATE summer maybe if there are delays.

·
Registered
276 Posts
So first no Z/28 and now another 6 years....I mean 6 months for the ragtop.......is GM intentionally trying to jinx this thing?
Where did you hear about no Z-28? I heard it was supposed to come out when the convert came out and be higher HP then the SS. It is suppose to come with the new CTS-V motor. Did this change?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well atleast it gives me more time to save up for it, Bright Orange with Black top and interior!!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Forgive my 'shoot-from-the-hip' posting tendencies......(and that previous post which I deleted)

What I'm hoping happens this time delay is GM uses it to find a way to address the weight problems inherent in certain convertibles vs. their coupe counterparts.....

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Kinda Ironic since that was the first pic of the finished car GM gave us. Either way, If they found a problem, I'd rather they fixed it before it's produced. Gotta have quality!

·
Registered
170 Posts
didn't they release both the Sky and the Solstice in the fall/winter time?

I wouldn't put that much faith we'll see the car by early summer. LATE summer maybe if there are delays.
I ordered my Solstice as part of that stupid "Apprentice" tie in. I took delivery Oct 18, 2005! I enjoyed it for a month and put it in storage. I've decided to buy a Camaro after the hype has died down. Patience, in this case will save me a bundle.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
i live in los angeles, it truely does not matter when they release it here. it will be bought up in a second.

Thanks for rubbing the perfect west coast weather in our face.... Conversely I never worry about earthquakes here in New York. Guess that's a fair trade.

P.S. Please send the Dodger back.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
If Leftlane news is correct, it's a sad day. The Z28 needs to be in the Camaro
lineup. The SS is really cool, but the Z28 always stood out in my mind as the
" Top Dog". GM, you gotta bring the supercharged Z28 to production. We need
to kick some Mustang and Challenger butt.!!!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Goto www.chevy.com/camaro

Look in the middle of the page, right under the really big pictures at the top, and it says, "Convertible available summer 2010". That has been up since Monday.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Who knows but I agree with you newdude I also do remember hearing that the new droptop would be out either next summer or early fall so either Leftlane is making assumptions or they heard this from one of there sources
Bob Lutz himself said that it wouldn't be on sale until Spring 2010, over a year after the coupe goes on sale.....Rick Wagoner confirmed this in some of his comments at various auto shows and speeches.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts