Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[video]http://nyti.ms/110hy3C[/video]

Excellent review.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Yea, saw it earlier this week. Had a lot of good things to say. The only real negative is that he wished the CUE would respond to inputs as fast as his Ipad, even though he admitted it has gotten better.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
The coupe is great despite there being several key opportunities for improvement - Design, transmission and motor.

The 8 speed is coming and will be that much sharper. It's begging for a boosted V6 IMO. They chassis is so wonderful and can handle more power. It needs something a little punchier. Then, there's the styling. It's clean and classy but looks a little tame. I'd love to see a MCE refresh that implements some cues from the V. The front fascia needs to be more aggressive.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Also, I find his analysis of CUE misdirected. I've used CUE several times when it first came out and several times after the updates, even as recent as two weeks ago.

CUE is not an Ipad so don't treat it like one. You don't tap CUE, you PRESS CUE. That's a big distinction. It won't be as fast as an Ipad because it has haptic feedback. If it wasn't haptic, it would be just as fast as an Ipad. Having said that, it isn't slow at all. It just requires a bit more direct pressure to area of the screen you want to touch. If you treat CUE like tactile buttons you'll finally get it. If you treat it like an Ipad, you'll find it falling short.

CUE isn't perfect but 99% of the media has yet to realize this distinction. However, I blame Cadillac for not making this clear and educating the public on it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
ATS might be a little bland but in black looks better than any car of the competition.
I would still shrink the logo though and move it lower.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Produced in Seattle.

They were in the parking lot of the same Costco I use.

I do love this car, personally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.