GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son's 2001 "S" Blazer drips a steady stream of washer solution whenever the end gate is lowered. The 90-degree fitting where the rear window washer hose enters the tailgate looks a lot like the 90-degree washer solution check valves on my Saabs.

Is this a check valve? Is it available as a separate part, or only with the check valve/hose/nozzle assembly for the rear window wiper?

If this is not the check valve, where is it? Do I need to replace the upper pump on the solution bottle?

Thanks,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I got it fixed....

Only two months later.

The check-valve for the rear wiper on these vehicles is part #24024822, cost is nearly $10. Shocking when you the small size of this valve!

For vehicles with a one piece lift gate, the valve is inside the lift gate. You will need to remove the inner liner to reach it.

For vehicles with a lift-up window and drop-down tail gate (like my sons), the valve is beneath the plastic threshold strip at the junction of cargo bed and tail gate. The threshold removes by prying it off with your fingers. The valve is barbed nylon and pushes into the rubber fittings on the stiff plastic washer system hose.

Ironically, I initially bought a washer system checkvalve for a Saab, cost was only $3 but would not work, and the Saab valve is much more robust than the $10 Chevy valve. Go figure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts