GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, my dad gets into the passenger side of the truck today and we hear this "CREAAAKKKKKKK!!!!" noise. We oil every conceivable place that could be squeaking or creaking, every hinge, bolt, screw, whatever. Still the same stupid "CREEAAAKKKK!!!!" noise.
What should I do??? I can't figure out what else to grease! It kinda sounds like an old rusty spring being compressed, is there one in there that I just can't see?
This is probably the result of the truck sitting outside in the hot sun and being covered in snow during the winter...:(

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
It takes a while for the oil to work in.

Did you oil the cam? The little arm and bushing, that the sping pushes on to give the 2 position feel when opening the door.

·
Super Moderator
21,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It takes a while for the oil to work in.

Did you oil the cam? The little arm and bushing, that the sping pushes on to give the 2 position feel when opening the door.
Yup, I oiled that and everything else that connected the door to the car, and it still creaks. Also opened/closed the door over and over again to work the grease in, didn't work.
Confused. :confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
All right, my dad gets into the passenger side of the truck today and we hear this "CREAAAKKKKKKK!!!!" noise. We oil every conceivable place that could be squeaking or creaking, every hinge, bolt, screw, whatever. Still the same stupid "CREEAAAKKKK!!!!" noise.
What should I do??? I can't figure out what else to grease! It kinda sounds like an old rusty spring being compressed, is there one in there that I just can't see?
This is probably the result of the truck sitting outside in the hot sun and being covered in snow during the winter...:(
I suggest you use a light oil for the hinge, not grease. It may take a while for the oil to work it's way into the joint. Also, oil the detent and the detent hinge point. Also some oil on the detent spring may help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
does the truck door have a black flat piece that looks like plastic and goes inside the door when you close it? If so its called a door check and they go bad alot making loud creeking or cracking noises
hope this info help you out

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Yup, I oiled that and everything else that connected the door to the car, and it still creaks. Also opened/closed the door over and over again to work the grease in, didn't work.
Confused. :confused:
Same thing happened to me. I lubed the hinges and then pushed the door in and out (without closing it) and eventually the noise went away. It takes a some time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts