GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've been selling GM for almost nine years, I have no problem with the old cars. when they keep the blazer for fleet sales, and the trilblazer for retail sale, the fact they still built the blazer hurt only the old blazer value not trailblzer. The resale vaule of the trailblazer stayed strong and only now is starting to come down. Just because they are still building the "classic" doesn't mean they are sitting on dealers lots next to the new. I completely agree with the fleet only deal the only resale vaue they are hurting is that of the old model. I'm still amazed how well the Impala has help up at the auctions, due largly to the lunima fleet sales. The new mailbu is selling almost as well as last year without dumping them into the fleets. When you total new malibu sells with classic sales they are 31,784 units ahead of last year. however you look at it thats a market increase of over 30k units. auction values of the new malibu are through the roof and the classic make a great cheap car. where's the harm new models are retailing well and keeping resale values, old one are taking there place in fleets. I'm retaling more new malibu's then we have in years. I would much much rather have the fleet only cars completely different from the retail cars. Because you know they going to have fleets, so feed them the old stuff. And keep the new stuff fresh for retail. I can't see why anyone has a problem with this.

By the way I seem to be seeing a crapload of nissan altima's at the auctions, and toyota has been slowly increasing it's sale of corrolas and camery's at the fleet level. I can by a one year old camery 4cyl auto that sold new for 19-20k for 13-14k every week at the fleet auctions. where's the great resalve vaule in that. Call me I'll get you some. And a 99 Lexus was 4,000 under book and a 2003 65k BMW X5 we traded in with 15k miles best bid we got on it was 44k woo-who that's steller resale.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.