GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
As I understood it the Grand Am was only to continue in coupe form and the G6 was covering the sedan field. If GM is gonna continue the Grand Am sedan like it is doing with the Classic, Venture, Montana etc I think that that will stop when the new G6 sedan is fully ramped up. I just wish GM would quit this silly alphabet soup naming convention. It is way to confusing for consumers , extinguishes once past glorious names, and is just plain souless. I can already recall several people trying to describe a new caddy that they saw but can't quite remember what it was called.
And X something or a UV or other. This is just ludicrous!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by me3head@Jun 30 2004, 01:27 PM
I had a Buick as a rental while my 9-3 was in the shop yesterday. It was a 2005 Century. This car has about the worst perceived quality of any car I've recently been in. The materials and fit/finish screamed CHEAP!!!

I think that this "quality" thing is a straw man. I think that most people don't look at the IQS but most people do get into a car and in an instant decide "nice interior!" or "cheap interior!." Guess which one is Buick and which is Lexus.

On the other hand, the problem with fleet sales is not the fleet sales themselves. I have had an Neon and Century rentals recently, and both were STRIPPER models. The Buick had cloth seats, front bench, lousy radio, etc. Contrast this to the 300, which I beleive is only sold in fleets in the Limited model.

Rentals are GM's opportunity to show that Toyota guy a GM car because that's what Enterprise has. Don't blow it by putting him in the lowest trim package.
I agree with this totally. I have rented many GM models such as the Century, LeSabre, Impala, Classic etc. They were all basic models with almost no options. The Buick's radios looked very cheap and low quality, they had the most basic instrumentation, wheel covers instead of alloys, base seats etc. The first thing I thought was, I would never buy one of these like this. The rental companies should equip the cars a little more desirable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.