1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I love it! Talk about a [email protected] wildcard! Chrysler is talking about selling the Viper off.

2 amazing cars come to be at ~ the same time: Corvette ZR1, and Nissan GT-R

And then the silly Viper kills them on the track.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are your driving shoes Mr. Heinricy, you know what to do.
You took the words right off my keyboard. They need to fly him and a ZR1 over to the Ring and let him have a go at it on a day with good weather (better make it soon, Germany has real winter too). I only hope somebody doesn't get killed participating in the factory backed "Ring Wars".

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I'm sure if you put R-compound tires like the ACR has on the ZR1 it will kill this thing. Even send Mero to post another faster time. You can't compare a semi-race car to a street car.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I'm sure if you put R-compound tires like the ACR has on the ZR1 it will kill this thing. Even send Mero to post another faster time. You can't compare a semi-race car to a street car.
Really? And the ZR1 doesn't qualify as a "semi-race car"?

- 15" carbon ceramic brakes
- 638 hp / 604 lb-ft of torque supercharged (intercooled) V8
- 205 mph top speed
- Carbon fiber body panels (much like the "race" Corvettes)

I'd love to see how many ZR1 Corvettes are going to clear regular sized speed bumps or driveways. That racy carbon fiber splitter is awesome looking, and works on the race track, but we'll wait and see on the real streets.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Here are your driving shoes Mr. Heinricy, you know what to do.
amen brother!! haha

Ok i have a question.. isnt the ACR a modified car. Its not a stock Viper.. its pretty much a viper modified into a race car right?

Well if this is so then this really doesnt impress me so much because both the GT-R and ZR1 are both stright up stock. ZR1 is still the "kind of the 'Ring" in my book!

The ZR1 compares to the stock Viper.. i dont we should compare the ACR to the ZR1.. wait till some tuners get their hands on the ZR1 then lets do business...

But I really do think that the ZR1 can beat that time.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
amen brother!! haha

Ok i have a question.. isnt the ACR a modified car. Its not a stock Viper.. its pretty much a viper modified into a race car right?

Well if this is so then this really doesnt impress me so much because both the GT-R and ZR1 are both stright up stock. ZR1 is still the "kind of the 'Ring" in my book!
Good luck convincing the Dodge boys that.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts

- 205 mph top speed

I'd love to see how many ZR1 Corvettes are going to clear regular sized speed bumps or driveways. That racy carbon fiber splitter is awesome looking, and works on the race track, but we'll wait and see on the real streets.
Ok let me clarify for you. The ACR is set up as a track ready "street" legal race car. With racing tires. I wouldnt myself call it a "supercar" but more like a "racecar". Whereas the ZR1 is more like a supercar. Yes it has carbon brakes. So do alot of other supercars that are not "track ready racecars". The Z06 also has synthetic body panels (its even lighter). Carbon fiber and fiberglass are very close materials. And other non-racecars have that much power.

The big difference is how they setup the ACR. No electronic traction controls, huge racing wing, racing suspension not good at daily driving, race spec tires, race spec body. In my eyes it is not in the same category as the GTR and ZR1 and 911.

Anyways I dont see that record lasting long, they can get the ZR1 to beat it if they want.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts

- 205 mph top speed

No way you can compare the ZR1 and ACR. Read some of the reviews for the ACR - it is a race car. The ZR1 is a grand touring car....something you could drive every day in comfort.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I really hope so, but 4 seconds is a lot to ask for with just better tires.
On a 14 mile track? 4 seconds isn't much.

GM should just offer R compounds as an option on the ZR-1, kill the Viper's lap and shut everyone up.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
"Street legal" is street legal. I wish someone would slap the same tires from the Viper ACR to a ZR1 and see what it can do. And like someone else mentioned, Chevy should make it an option. Everyone makes excuses for the X loser, some are legit...and in this case, the Corvette having (slightly) more reasonable street tread is a legit excuse. But dang, no one wants to give the Viper ACR credit? Haters!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Everyone makes excuses for the X loser, some are legit...and in this case, the Corvette having (slightly) more reasonable street tread is a legit excuse. But dang, no one wants to give the Viper ACR credit? Haters!
It's not just the tires...it's mostly the down force generated by all the aero bits. The ACR has so much down force that the top speed is only ~175mph. In comparison, a ZR1 will do 205mph.

Also, it looks like the ACR in the 'Ring video has the 'hardcore package' which shaves off 40 extra pounds by deleting the stereo.

Regardless, if you want to go as fast as possible around the track, the ACR is the car to get. GM doesn't offer a competitor to the ACR so the ACR wins by default.

Plus, the ACR looks sick:

I'd try to drive it daily.:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts