GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
That looks pretty good. I like the slant in the grille.

Of course, no one living in a castle is driving a Dodge.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I like the front. Looks great. You could have picked a more appropriate background, however.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I have mixed feelings about this one.
I know I don't like the front end.
The side is better though than the current Avenger.

:)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I might be imaging this, but I see a lot of 2010 Mustang in that front end, especially the headlights. Overall, I like the aggressiveness of the design.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I might be imaging this, but I see a lot of 2010 Mustang in that front end, especially the headlights. Overall, I like the aggressiveness of the design.
I didn't notice it until you said it, but I think you're right. I just saw a squished Ram front end (that I like) but there is some similarity to the 'Stang as well. The Mustang's headlights look too squinty and this one doesn't.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Very good, that would be a good Avenger successor.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
The front clip/end reminded me of a '96-'06 Mitsubishi Galant.

!!!!

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
looks good! that really is a nice idea.

excellent use of existing Dodge DNA too

Charger wheels, RAM grille and headlights -is that BMW X6 fog lights I see upfront?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Needs door handles... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I really like this, especially compared to the current Avenger.

-chase

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
holy crap, i like it. However, that curve off the back corner panel..it looks good, but if you start at the front of the car along the hood line and go back, it just doesn't fit very well. I'm not saying get rid of it completely, but i would change it up a little bit. Maybe look at the Ram's bed, or maybe even have it start form the C pilar and slowly slope down, almost a mirror of the hood.

nice job though I like it alot.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Love it all except the rear door windows. I like to see unique designs. Super tough front design though.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Nice job! I like the fact that you kept the kickup, but you lengthened it by extending it into the front door. This helps balance out this design element on this size of car (I think the execution of this element looks clumsy and awkward on the current Avenger). I also like the fact that the kickup doesn't severely disfigure the rear side window shape like it does on the current Avenger (which results in a cheap looking black plastic insert in the window).

I don't care for the "Stratus" name, though. It seems a little tame for the Dodge brand. I also don't care for the current "Avenger" name either. It sounds too cartoonish and inmature for a mainstream midsize sedan. I think "Intrepid" strikes a nice balance between Dodge's sportier nature and the vehicle class of this particular car. I would love to see this name resurrected for Dodge's midsize sedan.

Overall, I would love to see the changes that you made in your chop emerge on the "refresh" of the Avenger (that name still makes me cringe) that's scheduled to arrive later this year. It would definitely make this car a contender based on exterior design.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts