GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hope the Saturn ION Redline and Chevy Cobalt SS fare as well. Maybe an as-of-yet unannounced Sunfire GXP?

SRT-4 sales screaming

When Dodge first envisioned building a performance version of its Neon subcompact, internal estimates suggested sales might reach 1000 per year. By the time the vehicle hit the market earlier this year, that number had already been revised upward to 3000. Now Dodge marketing chief David Kimball says the earlier projections need another adjustment, given the company is on track to sell 10,000 SRT-4s per year and will likely decide soon to boost annual production to 13,000 cars. The SRT-4 will still be hard to come by, no doubt, considering the 2004 model's horsepower increases by 15 to 230 hp and the car gets a limited-slip differential, all for the slightly higher base price of $20,995.
Full article: http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_co...t_code=04707550

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
And yet Chevrolet still sits on their rears wondering how they aren't selling any more J-bodies since the little face lift.

GET A CLUE! MORE POWER! :zap:

·
Registered
708 Posts
The SRT-4s put down like 240-hp to the wheels.
In a car that is barely $21K, this is a great deal.
200-hp performance cars are not going to cut it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
yeah 240 RW...er FW..riiight. I'll beleive that when I see it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those little cars are no joke. i have seen them at the track running 13.3x all day long with very little mods. GM has there work cut out for them. well if they would make the vette the fastest thing on the planet then they could build faster cars. they will never build anything that is faster than a vette. hopefull the c6 will allow them some more HP to the other models. forced induction is the only way to go. ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
SCC [yeah, yeah, save your insults] dyno'd a production SRT4 and it made 215HP and 245TQ at the WHEELS. dont' forget this. and now, dodge added the LSD and more power to the car for the '04 MY.

the SRT4 is cheaper than a 'stang GT, and can beat it in the quarter.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu@Dec 19 2003, 01:07 AM
SCC [yeah, yeah, save your insults] dyno'd a production SRT4 and it made 215HP and 245TQ at the WHEELS. dont' forget this. and now, dodge added the LSD and more power to the car for the '04 MY.

the SRT4 is cheaper than a 'stang GT, and can beat it in the quarter.
and I have seen it over and over again. Its the drivers I have a problem with. Stupid punk people my age with there backwards hats and what not. Dam it GM get on the ball with a blown 2.4 or turbo'd 2.4!! You do it for drag racing and you make claim with all this fastest 4 cyl car using an ecotec, yet you dont produce the fastest 4cyl car with an ecotec!! DAMN YOU GM, DAMN YOU!! You missed out on the mustang crazy of 64, 65, 66 that sold over 1 million cars. You are again missing out. You have the cars(cobalt, ion, solstice, curve, vibe, pontiac's cobalt), dam it make it happen.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The motor in the SRT-4 should be solid as a rock.
Drag teams push 800-1200 hp on the stock crank!

It is the rest of the car that I would worry about. :)
(I would not mind if the spoiler broke and fell off.)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Bigals87 You have to understand, your appealing to GM suits and they are a little slow. Lutz is trying to light a fire under their *** but he is 106 yrs old and they are holding out hoping he dies so they can go back to sleep.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by crazywop112@Jan 14 2004, 12:59 PM
The car is a good performance deal but it's reliability is questionable.
BAH!!!!...Mercedes owns them now!,quality is UP UP UP UP!!!,and if that doesn't get ya,thier (Neons) built off the same platfrom as the Mitsubishi Lancer!. And well all know that the Japanese cars have the most bestest quality in the world!.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Is the Cavalier meeting GM's sales expectations? This is the closest thing to the SRT in styling.
If so, there will be much resistance to change anything.
I would guess that the sturdiness of the motor and the ability to tweak the performance from the chassis needs to be studied by GM.
For the money, the Cavalier is a good buy. Therefore, a sporty (tuner) version would not be difficult to produce.

But it is true of GM's management. They were the last to jump in on the minivan craze and are always letting the other companies to stick their marketing necks out. Too bad since they did the same thing with the SUV,s even though they had good platforms to build upon.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon+Feb 1 2004, 01:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (casket_demon @ Feb 1 2004, 01:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazywop112@Jan 14 2004, 12:59 PM
The car  is a good performance deal but it's reliability is questionable.
BAH!!!!...Mercedes owns them now!,quality is UP UP UP UP!!!,and if that doesn't get ya,thier (Neons) built off the same platfrom as the Mitsubishi Lancer!. And well all know that the Japanese cars have the most bestest quality in the world!. [/b][/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by yoblues@Jan 31 2004, 04:08 PM
Bigals87 You have to understand, your appealing to GM suits and they are a little slow. Lutz is trying to light a fire under their *** but he is 106 yrs old and they are holding out hoping he dies so they can go back to sleep.
hes not that old... hes in his mid 70's isnt he? He still is the father of teh viper and sorry, but thats the baddest car you can get for under 150k right now, even over the GT.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The only thing that keeps the $130K GT
faster than the $85K Viper is that Dodge
put highway gears in the Viper. Drop in
some lower gears and it will smoke a GT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts