GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.autonet.ca/AutonetStories
by Staff

The Dodge Ram SRT-10 set the record for "World's Fastest Production Pickup Truck" on February 2, with a speed of 248.784 km/h over a "flying kilometre." It broke the old record set last year by the Ford SVT F-150 Lightning, which reached a speed of 237.443 km/h.

"With 500 horsepower (and) sports car-like handling...we know we reached our goal," said Dodge's Dan Knott, Director, Street and Racing Technology. "Setting the Guinness record today simply confirms that, and solidifies the Ram SRT-10 as the ultimate -- and fastest -- performance pickup."

FULL STORY HERE

·
Registered
314 Posts
well, the 05 Lightning with it's 500 Hp and 500 Fpt is a lighter truck witch should (is expected to) top that "New Record" of theirs. And, for a much better price.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Still waiting on the Silverado 2 set up 2 bat :(

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by xellow@Feb 3 2004, 07:12 PM
well, the 05 Lightning with it's 500 Hp and 500 Fpt is a lighter truck witch should (is expected to) top that "New Record" of theirs. And, for a much better price.
blah blah blah

The SRT is tops at the moment. Just like the Cobra :(

·
Registered
708 Posts
"at the moment" is competition at work.
It is great to see them sharing punches!
We would be stuck with an under 400-hp
Lightning forever if someone did not step
up and make Ford earn their crown!

I do not believe an '05 Lightning will exist.
Maybe in '06 they will come out with one?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by thehemi@Feb 4 2004, 03:48 AM
"at the moment" is competition at work.
It is great to see them sharing punches!
We would be stuck with an under 400-hp
Lightning forever if someone did not step
up and make Ford earn their crown!

I do not believe an '05 Lightning will exist.
Maybe in '06 they will come out with one?
The Sept 2003 issue of Motortrend said the next Lighting will come out in late 2004 or early 2005 (not entirely sure how accurate that is now).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ford's SVT group is stopping production for 05' with the new design in the F-150 and the new Mustang due out next year. They also dropped the SVT Focus from their lineup.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Originally posted by oldskls10@Feb 4 2004, 03:46 AM
I'd like to see a new incarnitation of the Syclone which once held the fastest pickup record.
I believe it is still the quickest truck ever, I haven't seen the quarter mile times for the SRT-10, but the syclone is still faster in the quarter than a lightning...

·
Registered
685 Posts
yes they do. they just put little tiny doggy doors on it. I think it was meant to be a joke and somehow someone took it seriously and it made it to production.

·
Registered
314 Posts
This story is about the fastest Production Pickup's top speed. Lightning still has advantages check it out

I know this is a GM site but, I have to give ford my Credit against dodge.
Take a look at the current Lightning's (old bodystyle, old Engine) Performance Stats.

- Lightning has faster in 0-60 than Big expensive V-10 Viper powered SRT
- 1/4 mile is nearly identicle
- Huge difference in price.
- Dodge has over all fastest top speed. Big deal. What good does that do on the streets?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by xellow@Feb 4 2004, 11:28 AM
- Dodge has over all fastest top speed. Big deal. What good does that do on the streets?
because the record is for "fastest". "Quickest" would be how long it takes to be "fastest".

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by demonspeed+Feb 5 2004, 03:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (demonspeed @ Feb 5 2004, 03:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xellow@Feb 4 2004, 11:28 AM
because the record is for "fastest". "Quickest" would be how long it takes to be "fastest". [/b][/quote]
lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by demonspeed+Feb 5 2004, 03:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (demonspeed @ Feb 5 2004, 03:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xellow@Feb 4 2004, 11:28 AM
because the record is for "fastest". "Quickest" would be how long it takes to be "fastest". [/b][/quote]
I guess what Im saying is that when a rich bone head over-pays for a top end speed restricted SRT thinking he will dethrone his tastfull compotition on the city streets by having to finally achieve speeds of 248.784 km/h(good luck), He's been Mis led and "SRT molested." lol :roflmao:

·
Registered
314 Posts
- Challenge: Beat Ford at a competive price.

- Idea: A supercharged hemi in a Ram (or Dakota).

More obtainable and competively priced truck. better performance results
Viper V-10? what the *#[email protected] were they thinking?

- This is like comparing Corvette to a Viper.

- satisfaction for the dollar is something to give ford credit for

1 - 18 of 18 Posts