GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come to dealers? I thought it was in spring, but on my way to waterloo (ontario) on friday, I saw two trailer loads of Magnums and 300Cs. The Magnums were R/T, and looked sweet. I have a pic of the 300C from my trip to detroit, so here it is. pretty classy if you ask me....

btw- i have a few pics from the NAIAS of most of the GM concepts and intros, so if u want to see some I can post some. Just ask. :D

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Post them Andy I wanna see.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
If Dodge had brought out the Magnum as a coupe/sedan they may have hit a home run here, but they did not. Wagons do not sell, to much compitition from SUV's, Crossovers and Minivans so what you have is a niche sport wagon if you go for the R/T package. If your going the American muscle car route do you want a wagon? Or would you prefere a coupe/sedan? Make mine a coupe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing both at St. Louis car show. Wife drives an Envoy, which I like, but am not a fan of SUV's in general. I love the Magnum and 300C and look forward to see how big they are. I'd like to see what room the Magnum offers for the type of day trips that we use for the Envoy.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i really liked these cars as concepts when they first came out, but now every time i see one i think they get uglier :blink: isn't it usually supposed to be the other way around? oh well...not sure how well DC's gonna do with these.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I think the Magnum wagon is pretty slick.
I believe a sedan version will be coming.
(I believe an AWD option is on the way.)

Assuming the sedan costs costs less than
the wagon, you will be able to get a RWD
340-hp sedan for under $30K. That rocks.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
A hemi coupe would be great. Please, dodge... GM isnt giving me an affordable V8 coupe, and I dont want some raggity ford stang.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by casket_demon@Jan 18 2004, 04:26 AM
Post them Andy I wanna see.
take a look in "cool rides" part of the forum, I posted a few there.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by yoblues@Jan 18 2004, 06:02 PM
If Dodge had brought out the Magnum as a coupe/sedan they may have hit a home run here, but they did not. Wagons do not sell, to much compitition from SUV's, Crossovers and Minivans so what you have is a niche sport wagon if you go for the R/T package. If your going the American muscle car route do you want a wagon? Or would you prefere a coupe/sedan? Make mine a coupe.
It was my impression that the 300C was sedan only and the Magnum was wagon only to offer different cars instead of just a rebadge for Dodge and Chrysler... although I can't recall where I read that...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I love the new Magnum, V-8 power and RWD are both good thins in my book, but please the front end of the 300C looks like they took a Concorde and drove it into a brick wall (Ouch!) :Heads: . I'll take the Magnum over that any day.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Mabey I am not getting my point across. I will not even deal with foreign compitition just domestic. Ford has the Crown Vic/Marquis - Taurus/Sable -500/Montego. GM has Impala, Grand Prix, Regal/La Crosse .... Dodge has --- a station wagon. Again, station wagons do not sell. There are just to many vehicles with way more cargo space on the market to compeate with. When Bob Lutz first saw the Magnum his first question was, where is the sedan? This is supposed to be the Intrepids replacement. This is going to bomb big time. Some nitwit at Benz better get his/her head out of their *** and wake up. SEDAN then COUPE and mabey WAGON.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
I saw these at Detroit, and while I like the styling, I was surprised how tight the back seat felt in both cars. I've rented Intrepids before, which feel absolutely huge inside. Both the 300 and the Magnum felt a lot tighter in the back seat.

Keep in mind I'm not a big guy (5' 9"), so I didn't have any problems with leg or head room - but I almost never do in anything larger than an Camaro/Mustang. Also, most car show cars have the front seats all the way back, so there may be more room there in "real life." But, even getting in the back wasn't as easy as I figured it would be, and as I've said, once I was there I wasn't overwhelmed with the room. Room is a big selling feature of these cars, so I wonder how the average large car buyer will react to this.

I also wonder how the actual interior will measure up compared to the outgoing Intrepid ... or the FWD Impala.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
IF chevy doesnt have an comprible fullsize RWD sedan when it comes time for a trade in, i WILL consider the chrysler 300 or magnum sedan if one gets produced(prefer chrylser just because im a fein for chrome). really impressed with the interior pictures i saw.

·
Registered
43,886 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s@Feb 9 2004, 02:45 PM
IF chevy doesnt have an comprible fullsize RWD sedan when it comes time for a trade in, i WILL consider the chrysler 300 or magnum sedan if one gets produced(prefer chrylser just because im a fein for chrome). really impressed with the interior pictures i saw.
<_< Why Chevy? Buick is more a competitor for Chrysler than Chevy.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s@Feb 9 2004, 07:45 PM
Hell yes. If I dont see a V8 version RWD chevy sedan, I will deffinaly have Mopar in the garage. Same goes for V8 coupe. Id be glad to become a Mopar fan if they can make good cars. That girll looks strait up hot. Some big 19 or 20 inch 10 spoke wheels, It will look sweet.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro+Feb 10 2004, 04:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mgescuro @ Feb 10 2004, 04:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-IMPALAon20s@Feb 9 2004, 02:45 PM
IF chevy doesnt have an comprible fullsize RWD sedan when it comes time for a trade in, i WILL consider the chrysler 300 or magnum sedan if one gets produced(prefer chrylser just because im a fein for chrome).  really impressed with the interior pictures i saw.
<_< Why Chevy? Buick is more a competitor for Chrysler than Chevy. [/b][/quote]
buick styling is too bland. V8 CTS would be my first choice, but pricing on that cts-v is over 50k, where the chrysler 300 v8 should price around 32k.

this is what the interior is SUPPOSE to look like..not bad.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s+Feb 10 2004, 01:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (IMPALAon20s @ Feb 10 2004, 01:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 04:23 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-IMPALAon20s
@Feb 9 2004, 02:45 PM
IF chevy doesnt have an comprible fullsize RWD sedan when it comes time for a trade in, i WILL consider the chrysler 300 or magnum sedan if one gets produced(prefer chrylser just because im a fein for chrome).  really impressed with the interior pictures i saw.

<_< Why Chevy? Buick is more a competitor for Chrysler than Chevy.
buick styling is too bland. V8 CTS would be my first choice, but pricing on that cts-v is over 50k, where the chrysler 300 v8 should price around 32k. [/b][/quote]
yes, but you get a lot more for that 50k then a v8 and a grill. Id take a CTS-V over a 300c any day. You cant beat 14.4 inch rotors and 400hp.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts