GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18,454 Posts
20 years to get the car right? What are we talking about here...the LXs have been fine since Gen 1s back in 2005, I've had mine since '08 and it still can rip off a mid high 12 1/4 on stock internals without boost.

The problem here is that there's this misconception that these cars have to be something that they were never intended to be. Dodge is a mainstream brand, they're supposed to be cheap...all they're doing w/ this "antiquated" platform is what we wanted GM to do w/ Pontiac and Zeta...its just that only one company had the balls to do it.

Re: HC dying in '23 and the Durango HC only getting a 1 year run...oh well if it's time, its time, they sold every single one they built so it isn't some failure and we already knew that the DHC was going to be a one off.

But here's the funny part:

You guys blast Dodge for not having an EV plan, but now that they have an EV plan, you're blasting them for getting rid of their SC'd motor before GM does....so which is it? And the CRAZIER part of all this is that for all GM's ULTIUM bluster, they're going to be last to the party again if Dodge can deliver on their EV musclecar in 2024.
I have no doubt that Dodge is the far more nimble company when it comes to changing and modifying plans.

Durango Hellcat was never supposed to be more than a 1 year model so I don't get the complaints about that. I mean, this is the same company that stuffed the 392 in a Jeep and made sure that they upgraded everything that needed to be to provide a great product to the end customer.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I have no doubt that Dodge is the far more nimble company when it comes to changing and modifying plans.

Durango Hellcat was never supposed to be more than a 1 year model so I don't get the complaints about that. I mean, this is the same company that stuffed the 392 in a Jeep and made sure that they upgraded everything that needed to be to provide a great product to the end customer.
they conduct themselves as if they have their ears to the street and know what the customer wants...its why they never put **** out like this:

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky

Their ability to be flexible gives me the confidence that their EV musclecar will strike the right chords with their fans.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts