GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a photo of the offical General Lee edition of the Dodge Charger!!!
http://www.chryslerweblog.com/images/uploads/thumb-2006-charger-57.jpg

it was only a matter of time... The Duke Brothers must be proud!!!:bounce:

I hope CBS brings back the Dukes of Hazzard, kind of like how nbc mught bring back Knight Rider... The two shows would restore my faith in tv after the writers strike this year....

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Are you sure that's not a conversion done for a customer? I remember seeing a very similar photo back in 2006. Actually, it was part of a series showing the customization. Plus, that particular car doesn't have the antenna on the roof, which would mean it's a pre-2008 model.

Edit: I was right. The photo itself is titled "2006 Charger."

Fail.

·
Registered
928 Posts
It would be cool if they produced a General Lee Edition Challenger, the new Charger is more of a family sedan than a hotrod.
The new coupe should have been the charger and challenger for the sedan, even though neither were sedans back in the day

·
Banned
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a fan of the Duke boys, my only response is...:barf:
You know after the Duke Boys got married and had kids they need a car with 4 doors and the new Charger was just perfect and it has a HEMI! So they can take the kids to day care and still jump them hills at the same time....

I would love to see a infered scanner on it like kitt has from knight rider

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
The new coupe should have been the charger and challenger for the sedan, even though neither were sedans back in the day
The Charger was the larger car, more like a family sedan with 2-doors. The Challenger was a pony car, none have ever had 4 -doors. They did the right thing.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I guess in a bow to Political Correctness, they top will forgo the use of the Confederate Battle Flag

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
It would be cool if they produced a General Lee Edition Challenger
Cool idea.

But, didn't Daisy drive a yellow Challenger before she got her Jeep? Or, was that something other than a Challenger?

If it WAS a yellow Challenger she drove ... then, maybe a Daisy Duke Challenger edition ... yellow, of course....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Maybe we've been living with our eyes half open" ... Switchfoot ... 'Meant To Live'

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
This Charger isnt a offical Dodge edition, its just a customized customer car. There is a company here in Indiana that gets 68/69 Chargers and restores/ruins them to look just like the General Lee. And they also have a new Charger SRT8 that is painted like the GL also that they show off with also! Its totally fruity! I cant remember the companys name though, they do all kinds of restos, but the "specialize" in the General Lee conversions!

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Unless I'm going blind I'm certain that the lower photo has the outside corner of the stars and bars showing. I agree though the challenger would be a far more appropriate General Lee.
No dude, that's just where is says "General Lee." And The Challenger might make a good modern General Lee, but it's just not the same. :(

·
Banned
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No dude, that's just where is says "General Lee." And The Challenger might make a good modern General Lee, but it's just not the same. :(
the charger is for the married Duke Boys since they car still race and have room for the wife and kids..

The Challenger is their mid life meltdown car and they get to remember the good ol days.. Heck the new Challenger and the old are very close.... kind of like twin sistwers so you can date both and have twice the fun!!! and they have the same name so you never call out the wrong name.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
I see they left the rebel flag off the roof. What a bunch of candyasses.
I agree.

The least they can do is offer the orange color in the Challenger so that people could add the flag, labels, and numbers themselves.

That being said...I'd order a Challenger in silver. It's just too hot in that color to pass up. Maybe I'll call it the General Pickett.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Totally aftermarket the way it should be if it has to happen. The last thing the revival of the Challenger or Camaro needs is the revival of the trailer park image.
Trailer park image....because making fun of middle America is what the midwest is all about, right?

BTW, the Duke boys lived on a ranch (on the TV show).

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
the charger is for the married Duke Boys since they car still race and have room for the wife and kids..

The Challenger is their mid life meltdown car and they get to remember the good ol days.. Heck the new Challenger and the old are very close.... kind of like twin sistwers so you can date both and have twice the fun!!! and they have the same name so you never call out the wrong name.
Sounds more like dating a Schizophrenic...been there, done that, have the t-shirt. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.