GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Why'd they bring back an old Plymouth name? Not like that car was that remarkable

·
Registered
928 Posts
wow, i think GM and Ford can confidently put the Aveo and Fiesta to market without any worries that this will be any competition

Plus im saying it, its chinese built = :eek:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well that just looks sad

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
First they **** up with the Germans....now with the Chinese......when will Chrysler ever learn?? :confused:

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Don't mistake made in China with designed in China.

Chinese VWs, Buicks, Toyotas and Citroens are identical in build quality to their home-country counterparts.

It's the stuff designed by the Chinese (or pirated by them) that are of such abysmal quality.

In other words, if Chrysler have a well-designed small car, the Chinese can weld it together and paint it with the same quality that any other nation can. Just don't let them design the thing!

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
First they **** up with the Germans....now with the Chinese......when will Chrysler ever learn?? :confused:
i was thinking that same thing. first the so called 'marriage of equals" between them and the Germans turned into one big train wreck and now this. of course I'm not surprised this is the same company that brought in Rod Nardelli to run things after they were done with the Germans despite the fact that he had absolutely no prior experience in the auto industry. Granted Chrysler has made some good decisions in the past (producing the challenger for example) However some of their decisions make me wonder what were they even thinking?

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
It's funny, when it's about GM, the fanboys always bring up their strong presence in China as a very positive thing...

I guess the conclusion to draw is this: when GM ****s up with the Chinese, it's very good, when it's someone else, it's not.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My best friend once had a Plymouth Breeze, to tell you the truth, it was a decent car. I actually had a lot of doubts on any of the Chrysler products, but this particulor car made me change my perception. Sure it wasn't the best car around, but it was a great daily driver. I would love to see the Breeze name return. Though he have sold that car a while back and last time I saw him, he got an Isuzu Axiom(about 3 years or so ago, when he married, and I lost contact with him ever since).

As for the Chinese made Breeze, at least it does not seem to be a knockoff of any others, at least to me. And as you have put it, made it China is different than DESIGNED in China.(which is the case for most of the knockoff designs of Europeans, Japanese and Korean makes that was criticized).

The first thing they will have to do is to try to pass the strict safety requirements in order to bring them over here in the States. If they fail the crash tests like their Brilliance brand did, I don't think they will be able to export any.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
wow, i think GM and Ford can confidently put the Aveo and Fiesta to market without any worries that this will be any competition

The only thing is though is that this thing is going to be really cheap. Way cheaper than the Festiva and Aveo I'm pretty sure. They say it's around $7gs

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
It's funny, when it's about GM, the fanboys always bring up their strong presence in China as a very positive thing...

I guess the conclusion to draw is this: when GM ****s up with the Chinese, it's very good, when it's someone else, it's not.
Has Chrysler ever designed/produced/marketed a vehicle in China that would actually put it on par or above it's NA competitors??
Didn't think so :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Don't mistake made in China with designed in China.

Chinese VWs, Buicks, Toyotas and Citroens are identical in build quality to their home-country counterparts.

It's the stuff designed by the Chinese (or pirated by them) that are of such abysmal quality.

In other words, if Chrysler have a well-designed small car, the Chinese can weld it together and paint it with the same quality that any other nation can. Just don't let them design the thing!
Its a rebadged Chery A1 designed and built in China. This Breeze is starting to smell like a different kind of wind.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Its a rebadged Chery A1 designed and built in China. This Breeze is starting to smell like a different kind of wind.
Indeed. This thing looks like a cheap knock off of the Pronto concept car of about ten years ago, with an new (almost said ew...wwww) improved panache free front end to make sure you forget this car in the parking lot.

This thing manages to be a loot worse than the Plymouth that once had this name. I recall laying hands on a Plymouth Breeze with the 4 cylinder and 5 speed stick combo. While not raving fast, it was fairly entertaining.

The people who think your typical Dodge fan will buy this thing have been letting no grass grow under their feet, they've been pulling it up and smoking it.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Why'd they bring back an old Plymouth name? Not like that car was that remarkable
And it looks like this one won't be either. :rolleyes: I guess it's the perfect name for it, then.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.