GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Hi guys I was over at CTC and I got pics of two cars. One set of pics is currently waiting to be reviewed by BP and won't be posted until i hear from her. In the meantime since i enjoy posting here in this forum heres a shot of the front of the dodge breeze enjoy and as soon as i hear from BP i will post the other pics

Now I fixed it

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi guys I was over at CTC and I got pics of two cars. One set of pics is currently waiting to be reviewed by BP and won't be posted until i hear from her. In the meantime since i enjoy posting here in this forum heres a shot of the front of the dodge breeze enjoy and as soon as i hear from BP i will post the other pics

Fixed it.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Fixed it.
Thanx its garage sale week over where I'm at and I've been going back and forth helping prepare for it and typing here at the same time and I did not have time to fix it myself thanx again. Anyway the breeze has been running around for months but it has always eluded my lens until yesterday and I still have not heard anything yet from BP but as soon as i do I'll post the other pics

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the Mexico-only Chery A1?
Yep what you are looking at is the Chery A1 AKA the dodge breeze. this is what dodge will be bringing to Mexico at some point. The taillights are ugly but as you can see in my photo the styling of the front end is actually pretty decent and please be patient when it comes to my other pics I have not heard anything yet from BP but If i do and hopefully I will later this week I'll be sure to post them here :)

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I promised an update if i ever heard from BP and it turns out that the other set of pics are of a old test car. Still I'll keep at it who knows what may be running around out there

·
Registered
426 Posts
It ticks me off that they are bringing a car over here made in a communist nation.
Chinese products have taken over the electronic, clothing, decor, and many other smaller goods, now they will take over our cars. I don't condone this.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
It ticks me off that they are bringing a car over here made in a communist nation.
Chinese products have taken over the electronic, clothing, decor, and many other smaller goods, now they will take over our cars. I don't condone this.
I wouldn't worry for long, MrJames...

Communism and free-market economies, which China is quickly reverting to, don't exactly work well together. With Communism failed nearly everywhere else on Earth, I don't see the old system lasting for much longer in China.

The Chinese haven't taken over anything. American CEO's, via the American people, handed it to them on a silver platter. If Americans don't like it, then maybe they should have thought twice about their voting decisions. This hasn't happened overnight. A certain political element has been gradually screwing the average American over for nearly thirty years, and the baffling thing is, the same Americans getting screwed the worst are the very ones keeping that particular element in power. I have a little pity on a nation than pays more heed to divisive and inflammatory social issues when voting that it pays heed to the health of the nation.

It was neither the Chinese nor American CEO's that allowed mega retailers like Wal-Mart to flourish. It was the stupid American public. So if you're going to lay blame, lay it where it's due.

Or at least look at it a positive way: we're contributing to edging out Communism without unnecessary bloodshed.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I wouldn't worry for long, MrJames...

Communism and free-market economies, which China is quickly reverting to, don't exactly work well together. With Communism failed nearly everywhere else on Earth, I don't see the old system lasting for much longer in China.

The Chinese haven't taken over anything. American CEO's, via the American people, handed it to them on a silver platter. If Americans don't like it, then maybe they should have thought twice about their voting decisions. This hasn't happened overnight. A certain political element has been gradually screwing the average American over for nearly thirty years, and the baffling thing is, the same Americans getting screwed the worst are the very ones keeping that particular element in power. I have a little pity on a nation than pays more heed to divisive and inflammatory social issues when voting that it pays heed to the health of the nation.

It was neither the Chinese nor American CEO's that allowed mega retailers like Wal-Mart to flourish. It was the stupid American public. So if you're going to lay blame, lay it where it's due.

Or at least look at it a positive way: we're contributing to edging out Communism without unnecessary bloodshed.

Yeah, but that is the thing that ticks me off most. The ignorance of the common American to what is going on. Most people don't know their clothes are made in a sweatshop or the harsh conditions of living in China. So they have no issue with buying something with a "Made in China" sticker stuck on the back. I do, I die a little inside everytime I purchase something made there. But hey, let's not get off topic of discussing this particular car, not politics and economics.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Yeah, but that is the thing that ticks me off most. The ignorance of the common American to what is going on. Most people don't know their clothes are made in a sweatshop or the harsh conditions of living in China. So they have no issue with buying something with a "Made in China" sticker stuck on the back. I do, I die a little inside everytime I purchase something made there. But hey, let's not get off topic of discussing this particular car, not politics and economics.
the worst is when people know and dont care.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
At first sight I thought that little thing was the Tata Nano! :eek:

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
The funniest thing is that capitalistic nations are making all that possible. You think China took over those manufacturing industries by force?

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
I just have to ask...if you feel so virulently about Chinese products, why do you buy any at all? Just curious is all.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just have to ask...if you feel so virulently about Chinese products, why do you buy any at all? Just curious is all.
What other country makes cell phones, iPods, MP3 Players, computers, exedra. I have yet to find a European or American made electronic that wasn't for a special purpose (i.e. medical equipment). So I am stuck with buying Chinese made products. I am aware it isn't China barging over here with the products, Motorola, Apple, ViewSonic, Dell, Pier1, RadioShack, Abercrombie & Fitch, Ralph Lauren, and even General Motors are American companies sending off jobs to China. I don't like that because it is supporting a communist nation & taking jobs away from Americans and/or other non-communist nations such as Canada or United Kingdom. I don't have an issue with buying something made in Canada, U.K., or Germany. They seem to have better working conditions for their people with much more fair rights. China, people have had their property seized from them to the government so wealthier people may build high-rises in its place. At least here we get paid for our property if the government wants it for something else. The worse thing private developers get here is tax breaks, not stolen property.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
China, people have had their property seized from them to the government so wealthier people may build high-rises in its place. At least here we get paid for our property if the government wants it for something else. The worse thing private developers get here is tax breaks, not stolen property.
No, the Chinese government pays for the properties it wants back. I am not arguing that the Chinese government doesn't "take" properties away (you really have no choice when it wants the land back), but that the government pays the ex-owners very well for their lands. Much, much more than one would get from a private sale.

Trust me, I know this for a fact.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
No, the Chinese government pays for the properties they want back. I am not arguing that they don't "take" properties away (you really have no choice when they want the land back), but the government pays the ex-owners very well for their lands.

Trust me, I know this for a fact.
It's no different in America.

Had Americans not been all glued to NASCAR, worshipping Brangelina or arguing over same-sex marriage, they would have noticed the 2005 Supreme Court ruling in Kelo v. City of New London.

"(the)specter of condemnation hangs over all property. Nothing is to prevent the State from replacing any Motel 6 with a Ritz-Carlton, any home with a shopping mall, or any farm with a factory." — dissenting justice Sandra Day O'Conner.

Little surprise that a corporate Leviathan, pharmaceutical giant Pfizer in this case, was involved.

That Dodge Breeze is kinda cute too!

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Thx for the pic and congratz on your eagle eye - I hope Brenda appreciates!

Here's what the Chery looks like up close:

More @ the China Car Times

Certainly a fairly decent effort by Chery, we shall see about the actual build quality, reliability, road- and crash-worthiness, but I think GM's development of the very same vehicle, the Chevrolet Spark (aka Pontiac G2 Matiz in Mexico) will have a worthy competitor...

In a twist of fate, the Breeze will replace another rehashed Korean, the Hyundai Amica sold as "Atos by Dodge" in Mexico.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thx for the pic and congratz on your eagle eye - I hope Brenda appreciates!

Here's what the Chery looks like up close:

More @ the China Car Times

Certainly a fairly decent effort by Chery, we shall see about the actual build quality, reliability, road- and crash-worthiness, but I think GM's development of the very same vehicle, the Chevrolet Spark (aka Pontiac G2 Matiz in Mexico) will have a worthy competitor...

In a twist of fate, the Breeze will replace another rehashed Korean, the Hyundai Amica sold as "Atos by Dodge" in Mexico.
Thanks Bravada. i actually heard back from Brenda and it looks like this car is not desirable enough (meaning editors interest is not high enough at this point) These cars have been running around CTC for months and up until I shot that pic they were pretty good at eluding my lens (in part because of there small size). Even though Chrysler is a favorite target of mine i have also gone to fords MPG facility and just recently to Milford proving grounds with a friend of mine where I shot plenty of lacrosse mules (which is already posted here). Anyway I'm actually saving some money for a new SLR camera so i can take better distance photos but I'll still have my current Canon camera on me for close range shots like this one

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's no different in America.

Had Americans not been all glued to NASCAR, worshipping Brangelina or arguing over same-sex marriage, they would have noticed the 2005 Supreme Court ruling in Kelo v. City of New London.

"(the)specter of condemnation hangs over all property. Nothing is to prevent the State from replacing any Motel 6 with a Ritz-Carlton, any home with a shopping mall, or any farm with a factory." — dissenting justice Sandra Day O'Conner.

Little surprise that a corporate Leviathan, pharmaceutical giant Pfizer in this case, was involved.

That Dodge Breeze is kinda cute too!
It really is quite adorable isn't it?

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Not a bad looking little car. Won't fit in with the rest of Dodge's lineup at all, but it's nice nevertheless.

Any idea when this is supposed to be out?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts