GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to express my displeasure with the proposed decontenting of the '05 Sierra Denali (specifically dropping Q-steer) and am looking for a real person on the inside to communicate to/with.

Anybody??

Randy
email: <[email protected]>

·
Registered
4 Posts
all i know is i just ordered an 04 Denali and im glad cuz dropping that Q-steer is BS :blink:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
AFAIK, this is the -Crew Cab Denali-

As for the more limited availability of Quadrasteer, blame the buyers who didn't see the value or weren't willing to test-drive it, and blame the salespeople who didn't know how to present the feature or its benefits, and then blame the cheapskate buyers who only support cut-rate idiot greenhorn salespeople who can't earn their business, quit, and are replaced by yet more greenhorns.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
459 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@Feb 25 2004, 08:59 AM
AFAIK, this is the -Crew Cab Denali-

As for the more limited availability of Quadrasteer, blame the buyers who didn't see the value or weren't willing to test-drive it, and blame the salespeople who didn't know how to present the feature or its benefits, and then blame the cheapskate buyers who only support cut-rate idiot greenhorn salespeople who can't earn their business, quit, and are replaced by yet more greenhorns.

Ghrankenstein
Actually I don’t think it’s the dealer’s nor the consumer’s fault that Quadrasteer has not taken off. Being that I am from Texas and currently reside in Michigan, I have noticed trends, and heard the complaints from both locations. GMs relatively low production and high price for the Duramax has turned many people off of that product. The same thing holds true for Quadrasteer. If GM would equip more vehicles with both the Duramax and Quadrasteer, they would be increasing sales of both. Most of the people who pull trailers in Texas, my stepfather included, want a Duramax, but would also like Quadrasteer as well. Furthermore, Cummins diesels are what sell Dodge Pickups, and the fact they are relatively cheep compared to GM products. I mean so far the Duramax and Quadrasteer have only been offered on top end and specialty vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
all i know is i just ordered an 04 Denali and im glad cuz dropping that Q-steer is BS 
heh, sorry for the dumbass comment

Actually I don’t think it’s the dealer’s nor the consumer’s fault that Quadrasteer has not taken off. Being that I am from Texas and currently reside in Michigan, I have noticed trends, and heard the complaints from both locations. GMs relatively low production and high price for the Duramax has turned many people off of that product. The same thing holds true for Quadrasteer. If GM would equip more vehicles with both the Duramax and Quadrasteer, they would be increasing sales of both. Most of the people who pull trailers in Texas, my stepfather included, want a Duramax, but would also like Quadrasteer as well. Furthermore, Cummins diesels are what sell Dodge Pickups, and the fact they are relatively cheep compared to GM products. I mean so far the Duramax and Quadrasteer have only been offered on top end and specialty vehicles.
I dont think it could be anymore true.... :unsure:

·
Registered
393 Posts
I drove a QS once and loved it
But is a $5000.00 in Canada
I have only seen it on Denali, not SLE or SLT
I would rather QS instead of Z71, two tone paint and fancy wheel, but try to find one the is not Z71
One would tkink it would be better to lower the price of the Duramax so the fleet mileage would go up

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by tkrelston@Feb 25 2004, 09:37 PM
GMs relatively low production and high price for the Duramax has turned many people off of that product. The same thing holds true for Quadrasteer. If GM would equip more vehicles with both the Duramax and Quadrasteer, they would be increasing sales of both. Most of the people who pull trailers in Texas, my stepfather included, want a Duramax, but would also like Quadrasteer as well. Furthermore, Cummins diesels are what sell Dodge Pickups, and the fact they are relatively cheep compared to GM products. I mean so far the Duramax and Quadrasteer have only been offered on top end and specialty vehicles.
GM can build 150,000 Duramaxes a year, which is fewer than the 200,000 or so of Powerstrokes that Navistar builds, but not exactly limited. Demand is still strong enough to limit supply.

As for Duramax and Quadrasteer together, so far, the Quadrasteer axle isn't strong enough to had all that torque. It's not even available with the 8.1L V8. Perhaps they are working on a beefier version.

I believe that Quadrasteer is only available on higher-line models, but I've seen plain-jane, regular cab, base trim Duramax pickups. They aren't restricted the higher line trim, but since most folks buy them that way, dealers don't stock many of the plain ones. But you can sure order one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How about blame it on the half baked implementation. It's touted as a great device for towing and then it's only offered on the 6.0L engine. I bought a 2500 for towing and of course, I also want the most power I can get so I got the 8.1. Then, I found out I could not get Quadrasteer. Well, I can tell you that if I have to choose between power and quadrasteer, guess what? Look at my sig. If GM really wants to sell something like this then go figure out who the target buyers are and see what they want. So if you want to blame someone, look within.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts