GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight (Mon. Mar 10) on Discovery (In Canada) on the show Mean Green Machines (9:30-10:00 Eastern). They are doing a competition between a Tahoe 2-Mode and an E85 Silverado.

"The Truck Stomp"
When it comes to heavy-duty trucks, the 'all work no play' gas-guzzling image instantly comes to mind. In this episode of Mean Green Machines, we'll see that dirty on the outside can be clean on the inside as a Hybrid Electric Tahoe shows off its goods against the Ethanol burning Silverado E85. In a down and dirty romp through muddy fields and rugged terrain, these two monsters attempt to haul harder, race faster and handle tighter than the competition to determine just how mean, green can really be.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well that was an interesting show.

The part that amazed me most was the towing challenge.

The two vehicles had to tow a 8000lbs john deer tractor in a wet farmers field.

Even though the Tahoe 2-mode has a tow rating of only 6000lbs. It easily beat the Silverado with a 5.3L V8. The electric motors provided good low and torque and the Tahoe was off to the races.

The other three challenges were sprint, handling, off road. Of the three compititions these two vehicles were very close.

The Silverado was slightly better off road, and slightly faster (this I think was due to ground clearence and weight advantage). The Tahoe was better at handling (This was due to the shorter wheel base and the driver said the regenerative breaking really helped).

·
Registered
822 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I want to see this show.
I PVR'ed last night when it was replayed at 2:30am and the wife and I are probably going to watch it this afternoon while the kids are napping.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Tonight's Mean Green Machines (Mar 17, 9:30 EDT) has bio diesel Hummer vs Escalade conversions...

"Big and Bad in the City"
In the fog-infested city of Eureka, California Matt Ruchong's 'Fat Rat Enterprises' is the place to go when you need a fix for your Big, bad vehicle - his ride of choice being the H2 Hummer. But the new kid in town will rival this reputation. Johnathon Goodwin, famous for taking mean and making it green has arrived in Eureka with his Bio-Diesel Escalade. Fresh off a job of supping up Governor Schwarzenegger's H2 Hummer into a bio-diesel monster, Johnathon see's little threat in this small town operation. But as the tensions mount, the ego's clash and the axle's snap - we'll see if green can rise up to beat mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.