GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Re: Spy Photos: Chevy LUV Diesel Caught In Detroit Suburbs

This is very encouraging news! Instead of shrugging their shoulders and saying "Oh well, no one wants trucks anymore", GM is apparently at least considering doing what they can to keep these vehicles popular. A diesel would make this a very good work truck.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts

If they can deliver a Colorado sized, 4X4, EPA certified, diesel powered, 30+MPG, with the diesel powertrain available with ALL trims and cab configurations, with competetive towing/payload ratings, with less offensive styling then the current Colorado, at a competetive price, they will succeed.

Thats a TALL order for GM.

Wake me when its in my local showroom.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
GM, please build this for very small $$$ as is. I'll take a 2wd ext-cab diesel. Thank you.

P.S. sooner than 2095 would be great. Thanks again.

-Crooner214

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
It looks to be a several year-old, very limited production UK version. I don't think this is anything more than a playtoy from GM's toy box.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
The engineers are probably driving it to save on fuel costs, and there are "currently no plans to bring a small diesel engine for trucks to the U.S. market", I'd expect Bob Lutz or Wagoner to say. "Please take a look at one of the V8 Silverados piled up on our dealer lots."

Which would be ridiculously ironic. Because "Americans don't want small trucks or small diesels" (just GM engineers when they are transporting stuff, and trying to get a job done).

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Why does it look like a Mercury Mountaineer with a Chevy bowtie on it? :p:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Even though it's styled on the conservative side, it is definately more attractive than Colorado/Canyon. If GM could promise 30 mpg from this thing, I am sure it would find lots of buyers.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
i'd clear out a space in my garage for that. a small crew cab truck with a diesel is a great idea. just don't void the warranty if i want to use biodiesel in it!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
The engineers are probably driving it to save on fuel costs, and there are "currently no plans to bring a small diesel engine for trucks to the U.S. market", I'd expect Bob Lutz or Wagoner to say. "Please take a look at one of the V8 Silverados piled up on our dealer lots."

Which would be ridiculously ironic. Because "Americans don't want small trucks or small diesels" (just GM engineers when they are transporting stuff, and trying to get a job done).
If they're looking to save on fuel costs by using diesel, this is the wrong country to do it in. The price difference between gasoline and diesel is higher than the gain in fuel economy. You'd be losing money running diesel. That being said, the 3.0L diesel will be showing up in the colorado sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

I'm sorry but...:barf: If they can put the engine in another vehicle, but this is too much like the Colorado body for me.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts

The hood and headlight look A LOT like the '03 Mountaineer I had

1 - 20 of 47 Posts