GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
You'd have to not know it would be called Zora, be out after 2018, or have LT5 for this to be an outing of anything.

We knew all of this already.

·
News Editor
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'd have to not know it would be called Zora, be out after 2018, or have LT5 for this to be an outing of anything.

We knew all of this already.
With not a lick of it confirmed.

Yea pieces have been unofficially fit together, but this is the first time we've seen anyone remotely affiliated with GM put this out in the open.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would be very surprised if Katech had any official information and leaked it like that. ZR1/Zora and LT5 are what most people assume about the mid engine Corvette. They could be assuming just as much as we are.

·
Premium Member
33,358 Posts
I would be very surprised if Katech had any official information and leaked it like that. ZR1/Zora and LT5 are what most people assume about the mid engine Corvette. They could be assuming just as much as we are.
Well, as long as its naturally aspirated, It should be fine, I cannot imagine a super charged Z06 or Z/28 making anyone joyous, as awesome as they are, they are not true to the souls of these cars.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well, as long as its naturally aspirated, It should be fine, I cannot imagine a super charged Z06 or Z/28 making anyone joyous, as awesome as they are, they are not true to the souls of these cars.
I don't see the Zora being naturally aspirated. This is going to be a halo car and will need as much power as possible. A TT LTx would be my best guess.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I don't see the Zora being naturally aspirated. This is going to be a halo car and will need as much power as possible. A TT LTx would be my best guess.
I would love to see a performance hybrid like the P1, LaFerrari, 918 etc. Show what GM can do. Then stick it in a Caddy down the line.

·
Premium Member
33,358 Posts
Makes no sense to make a TT V8 while they still have a Supercharged V8 making gobs of power, unless it was based of Cadillac's V8

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
I'm under the impression that there will be two:

1) LT5
2) LTA

LTA being the higher output version (and already associated with Zora in the 600hp range), associating Zora and LT5 could confirm that the mid-engine vette will be more than just a halo and a regular model.

The question remains if "C7" will get a second life on a new platform (that can supposedly support RMR and FR/FMR), but if we're getting a C8 by 2018ish and if what I heard or read somewhere about a new Vette not before 2021 rings true, that MAY actually back up Mark Reuss's old statement saying that we will get new Vettes more often.

Could be a lot more often than we thought, considering it looks like a roughly 3 year cadence.

FWIW we've heard LTA as a [email protected]/600 in some form for possibly:

CT6
CT7 (coupe)
Escalade
Zora
Cadillac Zora

Guess we have another year before the actual reveal at Detroit 2018
We've heard it or 2017 as likely being pretty big shows/seasons for GM.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Makes no sense to make a TT V8 while they still have a Supercharged V8 making gobs of power, unless it was based of Cadillac's V8
I'm not very knowledgeable about forced induction but I'm pretty sure turbos can be more efficient than superchargers. Superchargers seem to be used when packaging is an issue.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
What about electric turbochargers, said to virtually eliminate lag?
Does corvette go advanced or stay mechanical?
Do you mean electric supercharger? Turbochargers are exhaust gas driven while superchargers are mechanically driven.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Is the picture real. How could they use the Inferior Design of an OHC type engine. With all of it`s packaging, torque limiting, valve sizing, chain stretching problems and all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts