GM Inside News Forum banner

Detroit News Reviews the 09 Vibe

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  FierySolstice 
It may not be dangerous if you've never driven anything more powerful, but if you're used to driving wimpy cars, then yes, it can be dangerous. My wife has an '05 Vibe and everytime i drive it i curse the damn thing everytime i turn out in front of traffic or merge on the highway that would have otherwise been no problem in my car.

Also, a 9+ second 0-60 time is Hummer H1 territory, so yes, I would say that is quite slow for a vehicle that weighs about one third of it.
No offense intended, but I don't think it should be that hard to merge on the highway with a car of this power/weight. My car is likely more "wimpy" than a new-ish vibe (125 hp, 137 lb-ft, 4 spd slushbox, 2900+ lb with me in it, 0-60 in 10 sec --> 200,000 miles ago) and I rarely have a situation when I rev near peak rpms and not have enough power to get around another car. In fact, I rarely have to give it heavy throttle input at all.

I would guess its mainly just expectations from driving something more powerful.

oh sry n8s07ss, i guess i didn't read your post earlier on the previous page. I really haven't had to drive much in that kind of situation (no real on-ramps or whatnot) so i couldn't really comment.

I'm hoping/assuming there is a more powerful gxp trim level or something. Off to look it up, now that i think about it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.