GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From www.newagegto.com-

Newagegto.com's newest sponsor is Arrowhead Performance. Well I figure I've been teasing you guys long enough with my ever changing avatars and it was time to give you the full view! This is just the beginning of many products we'll be bringing. Take a look below for our initial product line up. Official banners and logos coming soon to NewAgeGTO!!

Arrowhead Performance is pleased to announce it's initial product line-up for the 2004 Pontiac GTO. Arrowhead Performance will be working in conjunction with several renowned companies to bring the 04 GTO owner the most cutting-edge and exciting products available.

The pictures below show the first body kit exclusively designed for the 04 GTO and the first 04 GTO racecar, our American Iron racecar. We will be racing the parts we sell in the American iron West series for 2004.

Contact me with any questions:
email: [email protected]
602-330-4GTO (4486)

Please note our email address will be changing shortly when our website is completed. Thanks!!

Initial Product Line:

- 2 uniquely styled "Ram Air" hoods
Available in gel coat fiberglass and carbon fiber
2nd style to be released soon
- Front chin spoiler
- 2 uniquely styled rear spoilers
Racing style ?duckbill? spoiler
Retro styled 69 spoiler
- High Performance billet aluminum throttle bodies
- Intercooled supercharger system
Developed in conjunction with Eaton/ Magnacharger
Available with a 3 year/ 36k mile warranty
- High-flow tubular exhaust headers
- Cat-back performance exhaust systems
2 more systems to be released soon
- Side skirts to accommodate side-exit exhaust pipes
- Short throw shifter for the 6-speed manual
- Performance tuned suspension kit
Developed in conjunction with Hotchkis Performance
Sway bars, springs, custom tuned shocks and strut tower braces
- Performance brake systems
Developed in conjunction with Baer brakes
- 2 uniquely styled custom made aluminum wheels
17, 18 & 19" wheel & tire packages
- Custom graphics and decals
Retro styled 69 stripe
More styles to be released soon
- Custom ground camshaft kits
- Cold air induction system
PICTURES

***All pictures and renderings are the trademarked property of Arrowhead Performance***

·
Registered
475 Posts
Pretty cool.. but it still has a Fast and Furious-ish look.

I'd most definately lose the hood tach... I'd rather have a HUD option because this is, you know, 2003.

Also.. I LOVE THE DUCK TAIL SPOILER. I love the way they looked on the 2nd gen T/A's (and ultra rare GTO's).

Seriously, that spoiler should have been the standard style.. it would have improved the look of the vehicle greatly I think. The current spoiler is, well, :YMCA: .

·
Registered
750 Posts
You people actually think that looks good? The rear is alright but that hood looks GOD AWFUL, It doesn't match the car at all (as I suspeced in dual scoop hood would). Why dont you add a big NOS sticker on the side while your at it, the last thing this car needs is a bunch of tacky plastic add ons that make it look like crap. Pontiac just got out of that phase with the body clading, it looked like crap then and it still does now.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The picture with the body cladding must not be loading for me. That hood scoop is a bit too much on such an otherwise bland car, it should probably be toned down.

But I LOVE THE DUCK TAIL SPOILER! That needs to be the spoiler for 05...

·
Registered
685 Posts
I wonder what taking the scoop to the nose, ala WS6 would look like. I did a chop a long time ago and didn't finish it. Maybe I will try it again.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That is pretty nice. I like the stripe under the greenhouse. It gives the GTO that old GTO look. As somebody mentioned earlier, the spoiler is very nice. I'm not sure about the hood scoop and the side exhaust. I'm not much of a side exhaust person. As for the hood scoop, I think the Grand Prix GTX scoops would work.

Overall, I like the new GTO. I think if GM could incorporate some of these ideas, the GTO might have an even nicer look. I think the stylist at Arrowhead Performance is on the right track with these drawings.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Arrowhead222@Nov 19 2003, 07:02 AM
You can tack as much gaudy crap onto this dumpy Monaro as you want but it's never going to make it a GTO. This is just absurd.
Reading the info up top, and then looking at your user name gets me confused... :unsure:

back to the action... wow that dual side exhaust is lookin good! I like the billet grill they have there too. The hood... well, jury is still out on the hood. GM should seriously be thinking of finding a way to change the rear 1/4 pannels cause thats the major concern of mine... it looks like crap IMO. Having the scoops so far up the middle kinda doesnt work well with how the LS1 is set up... there is gunna have to be some crazy re-routing (i.e. SS hoods) to get the air to the engine. The duck fin looks better then the one they have on there now. Over all, Im very happy, just change the hood.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Despite what everyone says, I say the Monaro/GTO is a great looking car, and really great looking INSIDE, and people will find ways to make it go faster and look better.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Now thats Pontiac Excitement! Too bad it took the aftermarket to build it.
Keep up the good work Areohead Performance.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I like it!!! B)

·
Registered
28 Posts
The hood does not work at all. I don't think you can do anything with the hood while leaving the body style the same. It does not match the car at all. With the way that the car is designed in its current state there is nothing that could be done to the hood that would make it look like it was just slapped on there to make it look "tough" instead of it flowing with the car.

I like everything else. :woot2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's always interesting to get feedback on a design from people. Dan and I spent about a month developing the design for the exterior for the GTO upgrade package. You're always going to have people who like what you design and people who don't like what you design and that's good...everybody has different ideas. For the first pass on a hood design Dan and I went the easy way out that took little creativity and slapped on a WS-6 style looking hood and it was like....eeeehhh anybody could come up with that. So we started messing around with a few versions. I always liked the hood scoop on the 67 GTO and that's where I got my "inspiration" for the hood you see on it now. When I first showed it to Dan he wasn't crazy about it at first but after looking at it for a couple days he and I agreed that it was really different and that it says "Pontiac Performance". For those who don't like the hood or like only a couple parts and not others...that's the beauty of this package, you can buy just the Ducktail style wing for your stock GTO or you can buy a chin spoiler, etc... I remember when I saw the C5 vette in pictures before it came out and I hated it. But once I saw it in person, and it was around for awhile It started to grow on me. It's still not my favorite gen but I'm really likin' the new C6 with it's harder edges and Stingray-esque styling.
Anyways, thanks for the feedback on the designs, keep 'em comin love to hear it.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
191 Posts
Originally posted by Arrowhead222@Nov 19 2003, 02:02 AM
You can tack as much gaudy crap onto this dumpy Monaro as you want but it's never going to make it a GTO. This is just absurd.
:rolleyes: Then don't buy it. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts