GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GMC DENALI FAMILY SYNONYMOUS WITH PREMIUM SUVS AND TRUCKS

CHICAGO - It started with the 1999 Yukon Denali - a premium full-size SUV that enhanced GMC's reputation for professional grade capability with distinctive styling and segment-busting amenities. It was an instant success and quickly exceeded initial sales targets.

Since 1999, the Denali name has become synonymous with upscale refinement, styling and performance, with Denali models now accounting for nearly 30 percent of Yukon and Yukon XL sales. In 2003, as most full-size utilities struggled to maintain market share in an increasingly competitive field filled with new competitors, Yukon Denali and Yukon XL Denali both closed the year with their best-ever December sales and calendar-year sales up 24 percent. In fact, eight of the 12 months in 2003 saw record Denali sales.

The Denali family grows in 2005 with the introduction of the 2005 Envoy Denali, Envoy XL Denali, and Sierra Crew Cab Denali. GMC unveiled the vehicles at the 2004 Chicago Auto Show.

"Denali is the pinnacle of GMC's professional grade offerings and customers responded to it from the very first Yukon Denali model we sold five years ago," said Jim Bunnell, Pontiac-GMC general manager. "The original Yukon Denali made a promise about style and performance and we've over-delivered on that promise with every new Denali model since."

The Envoy Denali and Envoy XL Denali bring that promise to the midsize SUV segment, with unique styling and interior enhancements. The models' chrome, billet metal-look grille and monochromatic exterior details are signature Denali styling cues. The vehicles also feature tighter fascia-to-body gaps, as well as additional acoustic materials to ensure a quiet interior and enhance the feeling of quality and workmanship. The Envoy Denali and Envoy XL Denali's premium interior package also includes rich-looking burl wood, satin nickel metal accents and Nuance leather seating.

The other new member of the family, the Sierra Crew Cab Denali, offers a full-time all-wheel-drive system, a 345-horsepower (estimated) Vortec 6000 V-8 engine, 17-inch wheels, six-disc in-dash CD stereo and rear-seat DVD player with flip-down screen. It succeeds the Sierra Extended Cab Denali, which was the first and only truck to deliver the combination of ultimate half-ton pickup capabilities and upscale amenities.

"The Sierra Crew Cab Denali and Envoy Denali models bring Denali's reputation of quality and refinement to a whole new group of customers," said Bunnell. "They are the right products at the right time."

Indeed, the Denali brand has proven time and again that it delivers on the aspirations of SUV and truck customers. Since the first full year on the market for the Yukon Denali and Yukon XL Denali, sales have increased 300 percent. It is partially due to the success of the Denali, as well as GMC's overall product offerings, that the division experienced its 10th record calendar year sales record out of 11 - selling nearly 580,000 vehicles in 2003

·
Registered
114 Posts
:) I love that GMC is finally bringing out the envoy in denali trim and by the photos of it its gonna sweep chrysler and ford under the GM carpet for good..the only thing i think should be a little more like the yukon and sierra denalis are the nice big chrome wheels and i think the envoy denali should have somewhat very similar wheels compared to the pictures but yes the rims are nice but i think they should be denali like rims but otherwise hell yea build and im mostlikely buyin one myself i wish i could afford a yukon denali but thank god GMC is bringing out the envoy denali.......GMC keep up the good work I love what your doing

·
Registered
17 Posts
I dont like it. The Denali name is unique to the Yukon Denali. Not many people call it the Yukon Denali. Most just call it a Denali. So its not unique anymore. But anyways, the Envoy Denali doesn't look to bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts