GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didn't know where to put this, so i figured the lounge would be safe enough. anyway, i don't know if this has been posted here or not but if it hasn't this is definately a good read. basically, it outlines the demise of the camaro/firebird in MAJOR DETAIL. it's a good read, and links are provided to mags, financial sites and a whole mess of other sites. anyway, if anything, you can always point people who always say "make a camaro based on the kappa" here and shut them up :D

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread....threadid=230757

·
Registered
236 Posts
Link didn't work. Invalid thread specified.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bugger all. they removed it. too much bandwidth being sucked up by people, i supposed. anyway, i did a quick search but couldn't find it. the dude who started the thread was called guionM. it was a damned good thread too - posted info from the CAW, forbes, GM and the government. talked about how GM recieved an interest-free loan of 200 million canadian and all of this other stuff. hopefully, someone copied the information to another forum/board, becuase it was super-thorough. sorry for the bad link :(

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
someone had posted it on another board, and I posted it here in one of the Camaro threads in upper part of this site.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my bad. i figured that since i wasn't trying to advertise another site, and that it had useful/interesting info, that posting it would be kosher.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu@Mar 7 2004, 10:25 PM
my bad. i figured that since i wasn't trying to advertise another site, and that it had useful/interesting info, that posting it would be kosher.
It's not so much the fact that it's from another site, but the content of the thread itself. I believe GM didn't like that info that was in the thread. I'm not sure what, but GM didn't like something about it.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
They didnt like it because it probably got deep into what is going on with the CAW. I should have cut and saved that info. It was pretty good stuff. I dont know why GM would get that upset that it wanted it off the internet. Either they are trying to keep rumors down of a Camaro, or there is something more that I didnt see.
I would be very surprised about a Camaro as they seem more tight lipped about this then the Corvette. Hell, we had shots of the pannels on a chassis mounting machine of teh new Vette, and we cant even get one shot of a Zeta car zipping around? It has to be hidden under something else. I would like to compare the 4th gen fbody to the Zeta for wheelbase and track lenght.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Skie+Mar 8 2004, 06:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skie @ Mar 8 2004, 06:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mackingu@Mar 7 2004, 10:25 PM
It's not so much the fact that it's from another site, but the content of the thread itself. I believe GM didn't like that info that was in the thread. I'm not sure what, but GM didn't like something about it. [/b][/quote]
see, that's the problem - all of the articles posted weren't inside information type things, nor where they ripped/cracked/hacked files from sites: the information was located on publically accessable websites. a detroit newspaper was one, forbes financial was another. this isn't information that is hard to come by; what made it special was the fact that it was ORGANIZED into a neatly produced thread. it had differently coloured text too!!!!!!!!! muy neato, which is why i wanted to post it here - it had confirmed information, in a well organized post. too bad they took it down :(

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu+Mar 8 2004, 09:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mackingu @ Mar 8 2004, 09:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2004, 06:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mackingu
@Mar 7 2004, 10:25 PM

It's not so much the fact that it's from another site, but the content of the thread itself. I believe GM didn't like that info that was in the thread. I'm not sure what, but GM didn't like something about it.
see, that's the problem - all of the articles posted weren't inside information type things, nor where they ripped/cracked/hacked files from sites: the information was located on publically accessable websites. a detroit newspaper was one, forbes financial was another. this isn't information that is hard to come by; what made it special was the fact that it was ORGANIZED into a neatly produced thread. it had differently coloured text too!!!!!!!!! muy neato, which is why i wanted to post it here - it had confirmed information, in a well organized post. too bad they took it down :( [/b][/quote]
I don't claim to know what GM is thinking. Unfortunately, I didn't see that thread, so I can't comment on it really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts