GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some dealers already have the Malibu Maxx, and some have to have the Aveo, because i see then on the road. Though my local dealer, which is not huge but not small either has nothing, no SSR, Malibu Maxx, Aveo, and it only has one new Malibu. Even worse is that any new car they do get gets shoved to the back of the lot with all the other cars, which I notice many Chevy/GM dealers do. I wonder if GM will try to persuade them to start moving the newer cars and SUV's to the front of the lots and move the trucks back. Or atleast have an even mix of cars and trucks. I know trucks have been the bread and butter, but with these new products coming they need to give them some exposure.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by LGRpup@Jan 3 2004, 06:21 PM
Even worse is that any new car they do get gets shoved to the back of the lot with all the other cars, which I notice many Chevy/GM dealers do. I wonder if GM will try to persuade them to start moving the newer cars and SUV's to the front of the lots and move the trucks back.
My dealer does the same thing. GM won't be able to change the minds of customers if the dealers don't change.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
In regards to dealers' inventory and the new products. The Malibu MAXX, at least in my region (Southeast) has not yet started to hit lots. Since I now work for a large dealership, we'll be among the first to get them, and we have only two coming for January.

When a new vehicle is introduced, GM's first priority is to get one to every dealer. This often means that the first vehicle is frequently sold before it hits the lot, or that it is frequently sold within hours or days upon its arrival. The salespeople are excited to see a new product, and proud to have the highly competitive products that GM is now providing.

Once every dealer gets its first example, allocation is determined by the criteria that GM has already set, largely customer satisfaction and the previous year's sales in the product(s) it is replacing.

The SSR, in particular, is currently in very high demand. It is having the halo effect that everybody had hoped. I get 4-5 phone calls a day by people just wanting to see one on display. I have gotten calls by professional athletes looking to put money down on them and calls from Chevy fans, having seen the car carrier commercial, just wanting to say, "Rock on, Chevy's got it back!!!"

When a vehicle is released, it will still be a month or so before they start to arrive at dealerships in quantity.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kinda guessed that, cause when I talked to my salesmen(I am a dork and still go talk to him even though I already bought my vehical) he said they only have 2 Malibu's and they dont know when they are gettin anymore, but the issue is they and most other dealers have the cars, and even SUV's stuck in the back of the lot. There is sweet product coming so I am hoping GM is encouraging these dealers to move these up front.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm in the SE and there are over 50 SSR's on dealer lots and plenty of 2003's at that. Go to GM Family First and use the inventory search function. Was also surprised to find plenty of 2003 Corvettes available, lot's of convertibles with Anniversary pkg. in the North. Let's see, GMS, minus $2,750 rebate. Holy cow, why don't I own a 'vette again. Oh yeah, insurance. Just another example of the man keeping me down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts