GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You would think GM would have learned from the disaster that was the GTO.

The exact same crap that happened to that car is happening to the G8. Dealers don't understand the tagging process(I had to show my dealer how to tag a G8),or the options(i got called to look at a "fully loaded" G8 that was missing the sport package).Not to mention the 10k markups.(MSRP ones are selling, marked up ones are rotting)

I realize that GM should have trained the dealers better, but when you know more about the car than the sales manager, thats pretty bad.

I'm a big Pontiac fan, but this car has to succeed in order for Pontiac to not go the way of Oldsmobile.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
How many of these threads are going to pop-up?? I am starting to wonder if you the same person....

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
(MSRP ones are selling, marked up ones are rotting)
Really? "Rotting", huh? I wonder how long they've been at that dealership to "rot".

What do you have against this vehicle? I'm beginning to agree with drew. My guess is that you went to a dealership with a G8 on the lot. You tried to make a deal but they wouldn't come off the inflated sticker. Now you're trying to come on here to vent and moan over the Pontiac dealer.

Get over it and wait a year!

·
Premium Member
34,353 Posts
But still, it would be stupid for a dealer not to know the details of a car as well as a customer. And to lie that its fully loaded when its not.
And Marking it up is going to help it become a slow seller like the GTO. This car is not the GTR or the Corvette ZR-1.. its the 300 C buyer who would go take a Saab or Acura that are going to be buying them. These are not the sort of people you expect to drop an extra $15K just like pocket change.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You would think GM would have learned from the disaster that was the GTO.

The exact same crap that happened to that car is happening to the G8. Dealers don't understand the tagging process(I had to show my dealer how to tag a G8),or the options(i got called to look at a "fully loaded" G8 that was missing the sport package).Not to mention the 10k markups.(MSRP ones are selling, marked up ones are rotting)

I realize that GM should have trained the dealers better, but when you know more about the car than the sales manager, thats pretty bad.

I'm a big Pontiac fan, but this car has to succeed in order for Pontiac to not go the way of Oldsmobile.
Aside from the other comments here...I agree.

Say it as many times as needed...dealers NEED to be reigned in by the manufacturer more when it comes to pricing and not knowing about vehicles. Yes, everything is a business and meant to make money, but when you start that over sticker garbage, don't have a clue about the product, etc. it not only sours your buyers but does so--very often--for the entire brand, model, and corporation in general.

Shouldn't have to wait, etc., but should have had ALL dealers that had to have a mandatory "schooling" and strict orders on conduct with pricing, etc., as much of a dream world as that is. This car has much more potential than the GTO, but this crap doesn't help.

But oh well...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? "Rotting", huh? I wonder how long they've been at that dealership to "rot".

What do you have against this vehicle? I'm beginning to agree with drew. My guess is that you went to a dealership with a G8 on the lot. You tried to make a deal but they wouldn't come off the inflated sticker. Now you're trying to come on here to vent and moan over the Pontiac dealer.

Get over it and wait a year!
I have nothing against the vehicle, I 've already driven one, and im sold on it. I want to see more of these cars come here , and if they don't sell, GM will discontinue it.

I called 5 dealers, all were 5 -10k over sticker. I finally found one that would do MSRP on a non 888 model. I told him that 2008 models were out of production already, and 2009 models are already being built. I told him MSRP now, or ill come back in september for GMS + Rebates. (09s should hit the lots by then.) not to mention 60% lease residuals!

Pontiac spent A lot of money on the "most powerful vehicle starting under 30k" ad campagn and should kick dealers asses from deviating from that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The problem is a client spends months researching the car they want, and as a result, could probably build the car themselves. The salespeople/managers at dealerships have to know their own lineup (which, when I was at Toyota, was 19 cars) PLUS enough about the cars in the lineups of rival manufacturers to be able to illustrate why they have the better family sedan, or SUV, or minivan, or whatever it may be. It's very hard to know more than the client about a particular model when the client has studied that one car inside and out for 2 months and the salesperson is expected to know every detail about every car in the market.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts