GM Inside News Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
370 Posts
I don't know if it is regulations or designers, or both, but modern sedans have very little utility. Remember when sedans used to fit 6 adults? Now people who need utility are forced to buy crossovers. Road conditions have also worsened, potholes never seem to be fixed and where I live roads get flooded often, so ground clearance have become a necessity.

·
Premium Member
35,454 Posts
I don't know if it is regulations or designers, or both, but modern sedans have very little utility. Remember when sedans used to fit 6 adults? Now people who need utility are forced to buy crossovers. Road conditions have also worsened, potholes never seem to be fixed and where I live roads get flooded often, so ground clearance have become a necessity.
I had a 6-passenger 2004 Impala. Since the mandatory coolness of a floor shift/console has changed design, no more 6-passenger sedans. Personally I'd take a column shifter over a pretend-stick-shift any day but cool is cool and trendy is trendy.

Have the potholes gotten worse since The Occupation started?

Reactions: Self Reliance

·
Banned
370 Posts
I had a 6-passenger 2004 Impala. Since the mandatory coolness of a floor shift/console has changed design, no more 6-passenger sedans. Personally I'd take a column shifter over a pretend-stick-shift any day but cool is cool and trendy is trendy.

Have the potholes gotten worse since The Occupation started?
Pre-occupation there were no potholes, so I'd say yes.

·
Premium Member
35,454 Posts
Pre-occupation there were no potholes, so I'd say yes.
You're going nowhere fast. And yes, there were plenty of potholes, horses broke their legs all the time in them. Try getting over the "occupation." You're free to move anywhere you like.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
11,466 Posts
You're going nowhere fast. And yes, there were plenty of potholes, horses broke their legs all the time in them. Try getting over the "occupation." You're free to move anywhere you like.
There were also a lot of broken wagon wheels before that ;)

·
Premium Member
35,454 Posts
What are you on about? Of course everyone is free to move anywhere they like.
Eh? You're confused? You are the one living in occupied territory. Some people just won't be satisfied. As I said elsewhere, you're in past your pay grade. Sit back and try to process for a few days. You'll be glad you did!

There were also a lot of broken wagon wheels before that ;)
Dang! And I HATED that. Wagon wheels ain't cheap. Especially the tubeless variety.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Is that why when I rented the first Gen Cruze I was so impressed with it vs the 2nd Gen which was blahhhh to me? I thought they changed the engine(s).
1st Gen Cruzes are not all created equal.
They look very good for the price, but I hated the seats in the Eco and thought all of the gassers were gutless.

All of my cars have 6-speed autos. I don't think I miss the extra gears.

·
Registered
812 Posts
1st Gen Cruzes are not all created equal.
They look very good for the price, but I hated the seats in the Eco and thought all of the gassers were gutless.

All of my cars have 6-speed autos. I don't think I miss the extra gears.
I don't know what drivetrains those rentals had, but I rent cars a lot, and I used to ask for the 1st gen Cruze cause it was so much better than the others. Then the new body style (gen2) came around and I didn't like it as much.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts