GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
I think that if I were one of the few lucky people who could afford a GT, I would appreciate Ford's efforts at limiting the production numbers. It makes the car a true rarity and worth the wait and the $140,000 entry fee. Not every car needs to push numbers. And let's face it, even if Ford built 20,000 of them, it would have a miniscule effect on overall profits. Ford is one of the ten largest companies on the planet. A few million dollars more added to the bottomline is not going to make that much of a difference, particularly when it comes at the expense of a halo car's exclusivity.

Now the fabulous Mustang that I saw and read about in all its glory in yesterday's Motor Trend is a different story. Though I am not a Ford man, per se, Ford has done a very nice job with the new 'stang. So much so that it seems GM cannot resist the business case of a Camaro encore...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.