GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"We will introduce it at the New York Auto Show and you'll probably see start of sales in December"
Detroit Free Press
January 13, 2015
By: Greg Gardner

Cadillac expects to begin selling its much-anticipated CT6 large sedan in December after showing it this spring in New York, the brand's president said this morning.

Johan de Nysschen, who took over as Cadillac's president in September, envisions the CT6 as a flagship car that is part of his long-term goal of doubling Cadillac's global sales to 500,000 annually by 2020, and challenge Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi in the U.S.

"We will introduce it at the New York Auto Show and you'll probably see start of sales in December," de Nysschen said today after unveiling the CTS-V performance sedan at the North American International Auto Show. The CTS will go on sale this summer, and be built in Lansing.

The CTS-V is the most powerful vehicle Cadillac has ever brought to market, capable of 640 horsepower from a 6.2-liter V8 engine.

The rear-drive CT6, which will be built at General Motors' Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant, will be bigger than the XTS and will compete with the BMW 7-Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class. It will feature advanced driver-assist technologies that provide semi-autonomous driving. It will also use lightweight materials, likely more aluminum, to improve fuel economy.

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Sounds good. Need some leaks though.. Interesting fact
There was good news for Cadillac in 2014, despite a 5.5% decline in its U.S. sales. Its average vehicle sold for more than $47,000, which is a higher price than what the average BMW customer paid in the U.S.
I would consider that to be a start

·
Registered
316 Posts
Frankly, I like these introductions that are closer to the start of production. Keeps the excitement level / noise up and the competition scrambling. Well, hopefully scrambling.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
It's gonna take a lot of these worthless 200 unit per month disasters to make up for the sales that the ATS has cost on the CTS. You could have 100 Cadihack models increasing overall sales by 10%!

What a crock!

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
I like Cadillac's action lately. There isn't a long build up and tease of the CT6; they don't have time for it. Show it and get it out.

With Cadillac's product blitz, we aren't going to get d**k teased for two years. They'll show it once and get it into production within a year.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Something to look forward to at the New York Auto Show.

It would be nice if Cadillac made a name for themselves, and stood apart from the Europeans, by giving their cars real names that evoke emotions, and not generic alphanumeric designations. They are almost like serial numbers.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Sounds good. Need some leaks though.. Interesting fact

I would consider that to be a start
No. No leaks.

After that, Cadillac wants to offer a sedan that is smaller than the ATS, followed by a very large sedan, larger than CT6 by the end of 2020, de Nysschen said.
Weeeee.

Where's my mid-engined supercar? Way I see it... it's either not in the cards, or they don't want to spill the beans too early and spoil it for Corvette.

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Frankly, I like these introductions that are closer to the start of production. Keeps the excitement level / noise up and the competition scrambling. Well, hopefully scrambling.
I agree. Let's just hope Caddy's dish is fully cooked. This product can't under-deliver or no one will take de Nysschen or Ellinghaus seriously.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
It's only about 3 months away, so for sure some stuff will leak before that. We're certainly due some CT6 spyshots with only squiqqly lines and perhaps that fake toothy grill that the ATS-V and CTS-V had to disguise it. They'll need to ditch some of the padding of the disguise as it gets closer to pilot build in late summer.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
How about a spyshot? Haven't seen one of those in a while
Someone probably realized how much of a grinch they'd be if they released them and burned them with their Yule log.

No spyshots. Patience, grasshopper. It's the anticipation!

GM's loose lips concern me. If it's good, you want to blow everyone's socks off when you reveal it. Currently, my response will be tempered... and they're already pooh-poohing it with "there'll be something better in 5 years".

It's only about 3 months away, so for sure some stuff will leak before that. We're certainly due some CT6 spyshots with only squiqqly lines and perhaps that fake toothy grill that the ATS-V and CTS-V had to disguise it. They'll need to ditch some of the padding of the disguise as it gets closer to pilot build in late summer.
Yes, and all of the Übermenschen that inhabit GMI will activate their X-ray vision and be convinced it's the ugliest, most boring and bubbleheaded car they've ever seen, only to confirm their very assertions with their inevitable disappointment at the reveal because it didn't have that one feature that would have made it a success.

In addition to lacking that one feature and its apparently abhorrent styling, it will be a sales flop because it's too expensive, ugly, and lacking that specific feature.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yeah. I'll bet they are petrified. I can just imagine those guys tossing and turning all night: "Mein Gott! They are moving to New Yawk. Ve are finished!"

Get a grip.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
There was good news for Cadillac in 2014… its average vehicle sold for more than $47,000, which is a higher price than what the average BMW customer paid.
Wha–wha–WHAAT?!?!?
Not sure how this could be remotely true when 'someone who would spend $60K will choose ANYTHING other than a Cadillac… anything else. Like maybe... shoes; trendy fashionable shoes, And just walk'.
So I'm just going to assume this info is a lie.

Now I can sleep tonight.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts